Trust & Safety Intelligence Analyst
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
Block is seeking a Trust & Safety Intelligence Analyst responsible for continuous threat monitoring and the development, production, and delivery of advanced analytical and strategic products supporting the Trust & Safety program and organizational stakeholders. Reporting to the Head of Security Technology & Strategic Programs, this position is responsible for gathering, evaluating and disseminating actionable intelligence from a variety of sources. Contributing to strategic analysis, due diligence assessments, risk assessments, criminal trends, and other geo-political issues which may impact the safety and security of Block’s people, business operations, and reputation.
This role is responsible for developing key working relationships with business partner stakeholders, establishing information requirements, developing collection plans within the available suite of technology platforms, processing and analyzing acquired information, disseminating products to appropriate parties, and ensuring continuous improvement. This role will also partner closely with our Information Security team, with the ideal candidate having familiarity with cyber threat intelligence methodologies, understanding of common malware, threat actors and their TTPs.
This position will be based in St. Louis, MO.
- Monitor OSINT (Open-source Intelligence), SOCMINT (Social Media Intelligence) and various other all-hazard global threat monitoring tools/platforms for known and potential threats to Block.
- Track global events in real-time and draft high quality communications to leadership, employees, travelers, and other key stakeholders.
- Collate data from various sources into synthesized intelligence reports and briefings.
- Foster and maintain professional relationships with industry peers, various fusion centers/SOC’s, law enforcement agencies, and intelligence partners, ensuring effective collaboration and information sharing.
- Train GSOC analysts in the triage and dissemination of intelligence products and raise the collective intelligence acumen of the team
- Document governance, policies, standards, guidelines, and proven technical solutions to efficiently scale the intelligence program.
- Effectively partner across business units to socialize security guidance and stay fully informed of current events relevant to Block’s business interests.
- Discern and communicate key metrics that demonstrate security value.
- Act as the primary intelligence resource, especially during crisis events, incident escalations, and critical business decision points applying your expertise to support effective decision-making and response coordination
- 3+ years experience leading or working within a global intelligence program.
- Effectively communicate with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Understanding of cyber security best practices
- A high level of information technology competency (G-suite, MacOS)
- A strong ability to navigate between strategic thinking and tactical solutions.
- You demonstrate curiosity and a growth mindset; foster an environment that supports learning, innovation, and principled risk-taking; and exhibit resilience in the face of change and uncertainty.
- The ability to think broadly and maintain a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.
- Certifications such as CISSP, GCTI, CIA etc.
- Military intelligence background.
- Experience in a Fusion Center environment.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $114,200 - USD $139,600
Zone B: USD $106,200 - USD $129,800
Zone C: USD $97,100 - USD $118,700
Zone D: USD $85,700 - USD $104,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.