Business Development Associate
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
Square is looking for high-energy, motivated professionals with sound business insight and natural sales instincts to join, and help build, our Sales Development organization. You will lay the foundation of this sales effort through identifying prospective sellers and promoting the value of Square for their business. As a Business Development Associate, you will work with our Sales team to find new merchants that fit the Square ecosystem.
As the first line of contact, you understand the diverse needs of our merchants. You will become an expert in the products and services that enables merchants to grow with the Square ecosystem. You will use your convincing personality and passion for winning to improve the standard of success, documenting and tracking qualified opportunities to pass onto the Account Executive team. You will use a data-driven approach to outbound sales that incorporates prospecting, email communication, and calling at scale.
- Source businesses within Square's ideal customer profile across a variety of business sizes and markets
- Manage a diverse pipeline of businesses and prioritize outreach to accelerate sales cycles
- Reach out to businesses in your pipeline at scale through cold calling, emailing and social selling
- Promote urgency through a solutions-based sales approach, identifying challenges with businesses and providing targeted value around how Square can help
- Partner directly with Account Executives to identify winning strategies for outbound prospecting
- Grow your career in sales through frequent developmental opportunities and mentorship from the Account Executive team
- Consistently attain and exceed your monthly quotas
- A desire to grow your career in sales
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Personal leadership, authenticity, team player, energy richness, curiosity
- Enthusiasm for developing sales skills through cold calling
- Comfort with operating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.