Contracts Manager (Partnerships)
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
Job Description: We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Contracts Manager to join our dynamic Partnerships team. The primary focus of this role is to support our Partnerships team in enabling our partners to enhance the user experience for our merchants through API Integrations. The ideal candidate will possess a core understanding of legal principles, exceptional project management abilities, excellent communication skills, the ability to analyze complex contractual matters and business terms, and a background in drafting and negotiating technology agreements. The role requires proficiency in legal writing and the capability to swiftly comprehend and adapt to evolving technology trends. The Contracts Manager will play a pivotal role in overseeing and managing the entire contract lifecycle, ensuring compliance with legal requirements and mitigating risks for our organization.
- Oversee the end-to-end contract management process, including drafting, negotiation, review, and execution of technology contracts.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including legal, finance, procurement, and technology teams, to ensure contractual terms align with business objectives.
- Analyze contractual risks, identify potential issues, and develop strategies to mitigate them.
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, industry standards, and company policies.
- Manage contract modifications, extensions, and amendments, while maintaining accurate documentation and records.
- Conduct thorough contract reviews to identify any deviations from established policies and negotiate favorable terms.
- Provide guidance and support to internal teams on contract-related matters, including interpretation and clarification of contractual terms.
- Collaborate with external partners, vendors, and legal counsel to address legal issues and negotiate agreements.
- Keep abreast of technology industry trends and updates to ensure contracts reflect current best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Law, Business, or a related field (Juris Doctorate preferred).
- Preferably 3+ years of experience as a Contracts Manager, ideally in the technology industry.
- Sound understanding of legal principles and contract law.
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple contracts simultaneously.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficiency in legal writing, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Fast learner with a keen interest in technology and contracts.
- Knowledge of technology industry trends, including software licensing, data privacy, and intellectual property considerations.
- Ability to work independently, take ownership of tasks, and meet deadlines.
If you are a motivated Contracts Manager with excellent writing skills, a solid understanding of legal discourse, and a passion for technology - we invite you to join our dynamic team. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the success of our organization and play a key role in managing our partnerships agreements.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $138,200 - USD $169,000
Zone B: USD $128,500 - USD $157,100
Zone C: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
Zone D: USD $110,600 - USD $135,200
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.