Strategic Program Manager, Sales & Account Management
- Alternate Location: Salt Lake City, United States
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Strategy & Analytics team within Sales & Account Management (SAM) is building the data-driven programs and technology to increase team efficiency and effectiveness and improve the experience of businesses that use Square’s ecosystem of products. We are a team of Technical Program Managers, Strategic Program Managers, and Analysts who work closely with Sales & AM stakeholders, as well as Automation, Marketing, Product, and Customer Success to lead programs around company-wide priorities.
As a Strategic Program Manager on the SAM Strategy team, you will define and manage complex operational programs that will drive the organization forward. You will identify opportunities & inefficiencies, create synergy & align across cross-functional stakeholders, pursue solutions while assessing trade-offs, and ensure the execution of programs to aid in Square’s scalability and growth. Additionally, you will work on other scalability limitations within our organization. Ideal team members are open to a varying scope and flexible to changing priorities, have strong experience influencing organizations, can make incremental progress against a multi-year roadmap, have proven experience developing and driving program execution, and are able to craft solutions in an ambiguous environment. You will report to a Technical Program Management Lead.
- Deeply engage with our Sales & AM teams, embody their day-to-day operational challenges and identify issues that limit scalability across the organization
- Make sense of ambiguous problems, align on business strategy, define requirements, curate stakeholders, and drive the execution towards a concerted goal
- Provide seamless change management for initiatives impacting the global team. Creating communications, training, and assessments to aid in change adoption.
- Manage the roadmap for your program(s) in collaboration with leadership and stakeholders
- Establish metrics to track the impact of your programs against broader goals
- Build relationships with teams within Sales & Account Management and our closest stakeholders within Customer Success, Sales & AM, Marketing, and Product
- Develop and iterate end-to-end solutions and ensure on-time delivery that meets defined business goals and requirements
- 4+ years of experience in a program management, product management and/or strategy & operations role at a technology company
- Experience documenting cross-functional business and functional requirements (e.g. Product Request Docs, Business Requirement Docs)
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to build and deliver end-to-end GTM programs
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, and thought leadership.
- Experience influencing without authority and gaining alignment across organizations.
- Experience segmenting and prioritizing large multi-quarter projects into pilots and future iterations
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $103,900 - USD $126,900
Zone B: USD $96,600 - USD $118,000
Zone C: USD $88,300 - USD $107,900
Zone D: USD $77,900 - USD $95,300
This position is also open to remote work in Canada.
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.