Marketing Planning & Reporting Analyst
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
Square is seeking a Marketing Planning & Reporting Analyst to join the Marketing Strategy, Planning & Analytics team. This role is global in scope and a hybrid of traditional roles in data analytics, strategy and planning, and financial analysis. You will support our global marketing teams in forecasting, planning, and reporting on both paid and unpaid channels spanning the breadth of marketing initiatives. You will analyze performance, synthesize insights, and develop strategies and recommendations to optimize the performance of Square’s marketing investments. You will work with numerous partners within Global Marketing, including Performance Marketing, Integrated Marketing, and Content & Web Marketing. You will also embed deeply with key stakeholders across Go-to-Market Finance, Data Engineering, Data Science, and Sales Operations. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone interested in learning and shaping how a global marketing organization operates and succeeds.
- Develop and manage forecast methodologies to accurately predict and optimize the impact from marketing channels and programs
- Support strategic company growth by facilitating the Quarterly Outlook process and holding stakeholder and executive teams accountable to KPI-specific plans
- Own and report on metrics for marketing performance with commentary on key drivers to stakeholders across all levels of the organization, including the C-Suite
- Partner with Block's Finance & Strategy team to measure Global Marketing's impact to the company P&L
- Mine data from databases and use it to predict short-term and long-term trends for making financial and capital reallocation decisions
- Perform deep dive analysis into specific marketing channels to understand the conversion funnel and its underlying drivers, providing optimization recommendations
- Develop performance indicators and benchmarks, communicate trends, investigate unexpected variances, and propose remediation plans
- Articulate the narrative of Global Marketing performance, including Risks & Opportunities, in routine executive-facing forums
- Work with channel partners on marketing performance analysis to inform investment decisions
- 4+ years of experience working in analytics, finance, management consulting, and/or marketing
- Experience working within or in service of a marketing department, with an understanding of KPIs spanning the full marketing funnel
- Comfort working with Excel or Google Sheets, querying relational databases via SQL, and leveraging analytics tools such as Looker
- Comfort working with ambiguity and applying creativity to solve problems through analysis with clear recommendations
- Experience writing and presenting to stakeholders across every level of the organization -- particularly when explaining technical matters to less technical partners
- Creativity in developing relevant analysis and recommendations, both in-depth and ad hoc
- Technology industry experience: FinTech, payments, or SaaS a plus
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $114,200 - USD $139,600
Zone B: USD $106,200 - USD $129,800
Zone C: USD $97,100 - USD $118,700
Zone D: USD $85,700 - USD $104,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.