Product Marketing Manager, Bitcoin Mining
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. We believe bitcoin plays an essential role in the future of payments and the world’s economy. We believe that the status quo of bitcoin mining does not serve the mission of the bitcoin ecosystem. So we’re building a bitcoin mining rig powered by a Block designed ASIC. With our mining rig, we can address many issues such as the concentration of hardware supply in certain countries and incompatibility with clean energy sources.
We are looking for a product marketer who can bring analytical thinking, structure, and stakeholder management on the path to bringing Block’s bitcoin mining products to life. You will be responsible for partnering with our product, engineering, and go-to-market teams to grow our portfolio of bitcoin mining products. Based on deep, ongoing customer discovery and market insights, you’ll represent the customer voice in order to influence product strategy and develop the product positioning, messaging and channel strategy to drive key business outcomes.
We’re a startup building new products and an entirely new brand (yet-to-be named!) within an established larger tech company. So you’ll have the autonomy and speed of working in a small team, with the support of the Block ecosystem. You’ll be connected to the wider product marketing community from other parts of the company — Square, Cash App, Spiral, and Tidal — so you’ll have a chance to lean on experienced product marketers as sounding boards and have autonomy.
This role can be based anywhere in the US or Canada. And if you prefer an office environment, we have team-members working in offices in Toronto, and offices in other cities including New York, the San Francisco Bay Area, St. Louis, Atlanta, Philadelphia and other locations.
This is a unique opportunity to reinvent user experiences within an important part of the bitcoin ecosystem. You can learn more about what we’re building through our newsletter here.
- Understand the market, competitor context and industry-specific dynamics that make Bitcoin mining a unique industry
- Collaborate to design the product roadmap, completing market, competitor and customer research to map unmet customer needs and prioritize solutions that help bitcoin miners and developers succeed
- Drive go-to-market strategies - including targeting, segmentation, product positioning, value propositions, important messaging, marketing channels , budgets, and lifecycle campaigns - across the customer journey to grow and retain our customers
- Understand our customers' pain points and needs through qualitative and quantitative research (surveys, interviews, and product usage)
- Ensure that the voice of the customer is always represented in every customer product and marketing experience
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, designers, data scientists, and other team leads to identify impactful product opportunities, prioritize efforts and share insights on the bitcoin mining market
- Review competitive offerings and promote ongoing differentiation in our marketing and products
- Help identify potential industry partnerships that unlock the delivery of new products to market, providing diligence on options that allow the delivery of the best fit products to miners
- Own the metrics - be comfortable tracking and reporting out on goals, measuring performance, and identifying optimisation opportunities
- Contribute to the creation of a holistic approach to sales training and enablement, onboarding, and ongoing customer engagement
- Work with designers and copywriters to develop compelling and unique marketing collateral across channels
- 8 years+ of marketing experience, working on fast-growing technology products
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience with product marketing, growth or lifecycle marketing, or similar go-to-market positions in the hardware or semiconductor market
- Designed go-to-market strategies for product launches, and conducting customer insights research
- Background in marketing to large enterprise customers
- Experience in growth or lifecycle marketing by email, in-product, content marketing, and other owned/earned channels
- Background in hardware and/or semiconductor products is advantageous
- Ability to work with a team of stakeholders, understanding cultural and market differences
- Passion for Block and desire to help bitcoin miners succeed
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $184,100 - USD $225,000
Zone B: USD $171,200 - USD $209,200
Zone C: USD $162,000 - USD $198,000
Zone D: USD $152,700 - USD $186,700
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.