Events Manager, Developer & Enterprise Events
Founded in July 2021, TBD is one of Block's four business units, alongside Square, Cash App, and TIDAL. At TBD, we believe in a decentralized future that returns ownership and control over your finances, data, and identity. Guided by this vision, TBD is building an open source platform and developer infrastructure that enables everyone to access and participate in the global economy.
TBD is inviting the world to join us in building and adopting open and decentralized technologies that solve real problems for real people — from next generation infrastructure that lowers the cost of global payments and enables frictionless commerce, to decentralized identity technologies that enable anyone to access and participate in the global economy. Our mission advances economic empowerment through the power of decentralized solutions, built open source and collaboratively.
The offerings we build will provide developers, institutions, and individuals with the capabilities needed to build the next wave of innovative apps and services, and access this decentralized future. We’re leveraging bitcoin and other decentralized technologies to reinvent the global financial system in an open and permissionless way to further Block’s mission of economic empowerment, with a global focus.
As TBD’s first Events Manager, you will be responsible for driving and executing TBD’s event strategy to build awareness and adoption of TBD’s products and services amongst developers, enterprises, strategic and government partners, and even candidates. You’ll be responsible for producing and managing all live events, trade shows, conferences, community, partnership, and go-to-market launch events. This role will be global in scope, given TBD’s focus on the Global South and serving audiences across Africa, Latin America, and eventually Asia. We are seeking someone detail oriented in execution, passionate and creative to ideate, produce and manage events that bolster TBD’s mission, vision, and brand. This role reports to the Head of Brand and Marketing at TBD and will work closely with our Go-to-Market, Developer Relations and Partnership teams.
- Work closely with TBD business, partnership, developer relations, and go-to-market teams to develop our event strategy and presence globally.
- Coordinate across cross-functional leads to ensure we’re executing across the goals of different teams at events (e.g., we may have dual goals of launching a new product and recruiting talent at the same conference).
- Oversee all aspects of event management and production from content and program development, design, vendor management, logistics, invitations, sponsorships, promotions and more.
- Support all logistical arrangements for events including detailed budgets, staffing, vendor payments, and agencies, etc.
- Negotiate contracts and budgets with vendors.
- Travel regularly to act as a representative for TBD and oversee all onsite event logistics (around 30% or more)
- Actively participate in onsite events and ensure TBD events are executed within brand guidelines
- Promote our brand presence and engage with a diverse set of channels and creators in various digital communities.
- 5+ years of global events experience, preferably with large developer or enterprise focused events
- Experience with project management of large-scale projects
- Demonstrated track record of successfully collaborating with multiple cross-functional teams to coordinate events that land the goals of multiple teams with an organization
- Experience working in tools like Canva, Figma to utilize templates to create promotional materials
- Experience negotiating vendor contracts and fees
- Ability to lead through influence and work collaboratively across internal teams and external vendors
- Excellent communication skills, and comfortable with public speaking
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and execute with excellence and detail, even on tight timeframes
- Ability to think outside the box and bring creative ideas to the table to support marketing efforts
- Developer skills or knowledge a plus
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $114,200 - USD $139,600
Zone B: USD $106,200 - USD $129,800
Zone C: USD $97,100 - USD $118,700
Zone D: USD $85,700 - USD $104,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.