Head of Compliance, Tidal
TIDAL was founded for artists by artists as the next innovative streaming platform to bring value back to the music industry. We empower artists with the products, resources, services, and content required to take control of their careers and connect more deeply with fans. Available in over 60+ countries, TIDAL continues to help artists break down economic barriers to continue creating what’s next in culture. TIDAL is part of Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ), a global technology company with a focus on financial services.
We are seeking a Head of Compliance for TIDAL to report to the Global Chief Compliance Officer for Block. You will lead all compliance management activities relating to conduct risk, regulatory and anti-money laundering/counter-terrorist financing risk for the TIDAL business unit - including streaming, artist and fan products - on a global scale. As an integrated part of Block's global Compliance team, you'll leverage the broader organization to embed a compliance culture, and design a compliance framework that meets local, national, or cross-border laws, rules, regulations, and internal policies and procedures.
You and your team will be essential to TIDAL’s success, working with colleagues across Compliance, Legal, Licensing, Payments and Industry Relations, Finance, Risk, Internal Audit, Product, Engineering, and Sales and Marketing. You will solve challenging business problems, improve processes, and lead meaningful change.
- Set the TIDAL Compliance vision and strategic priorities
- Build and implement the compliance program for the TIDAL global business unit
- Be responsible for KYC, Sanctions, Financial Crimes, Product Compliance Management, Analytics and consumer protection programs globally
- Provide guidance and advise on regulatory requirements for products and features, including content moderation controls and management
- Investigate and respond to compliance issues related to the TIDAL Compliance program, and regulatory inquiries alongside our governance and regulatory teams
- Partner with business leadership to evaluate risks, enable, scale, and innovate with compliant products and services across the entire ecosystem
- Partner with the CEO and General Counsel of TIDAL as a trusted advisor to provide guidance and thought leadership on enterprise risks, building a culture of compliance, scaling the business and compliance functions
- Be a leader for the entire Compliance organization, partnering with your peers and our Global Chief Compliance Officer of Block to build toward our mission and drive execution
- 10+ years of compliance experience
- 5+ years of people and organizational leadership experience, including resource and budget management
- Experience with AML/CTF, Sanctions, and Consumer Protection regulations
- Banking and Fintech industry experience is preferred
- Ability to extract, analyze and leverage data to drive business decisions
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone B: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone C: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone D: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.