Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
Block is looking for a dynamic and creative individual to join the Executive Operations team, partnering with our Chief People Officer for Square and supporting their team. Our Executive Assistants are the strategic partners who hold everything together - from calendaring and travel, to reporting processes and team operations, you will participate in cross-functional efforts to support Block and its initiatives. The Block Executive Operations Team is a centralized organization where our EAs report into EA Managers. We are looking for someone who has a natural passion for learning and people development, enjoys taking on new tasks and projects, is a strong communicator, and who executes at a high level in an energetic and human-centric environment.
- Provide administrative and strategic support to the Chief People Officer for Square.
- Work alongside the CPO to partner with their teams, helping organize and facilitate daily functions and operations.
- Maintain sensitive, confidential and complex calendars, requiring coordination with executives, partners, and EAs domestically and internationally.
- Be the executive's right hand by attending important meetings, taking notes, being an active participant and knowledgeable resource, while ensuring executive preparation and effectiveness.
- Find new and efficient ways to create work processes to help maximize your executives' time, including weekly and quarterly reporting, goal-tracking, and team meetings.
- Maintain confidential information and effectively manage competing projects.
- Foster relationships with partners to help support team programs and goals.
- Work within our centralized Executive Operations team to provide support, mentorship, and guidance to enhance the team as a whole.
- 7+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant, Executive Business Partner, or similar.
- 3+ years of experience working with a large 200+ person team, ideally within the People Org.
- Ability to maintain composure with sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong communication, organization, and ability to connect global, distributed teams across time zones in a remote environment.
- Ability to create environments of connection and team building.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency with Google Suite, including Google Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Forms, and Slides.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $66.44 - USD $81.25
Zone B: USD $61.78 - USD $75.53
Zone C: USD $58.51 - USD $71.49
Zone D: USD $53.17 - USD $65.00
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.