Oracle Cloud Finance Functional Analyst
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
As an Oracle Cloud Finance Functional Consultant, your goal is to help us grow by building and scaling our Finance Systems.
The ideal candidate should have the ability to participate with the finance and accounting teams to gather and document requirements, scope new work, and document Oracle Cloud solution designs
The Oracle Cloud Finance Functional Consultant will be a member of the Business Advisory and Technology team at Block to focus on the Finance Transformation Journey supported by Oracle cloud ERP, EPM and other technologies.
- Anticipate accounting stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realizes they are required. Communicate technical and functional concepts to business users to facilitate business decision making
- Work with Product engineering teams and integrations team to help convert functional requirements into technical solutions to guide, lead and advise these teams in the complete process
- FAH (Oracle Financial Accounting Hub) is adopted heavily in Oracle cloud. Candidate should have Ability in FAH to take a deep dive, understand internal setups / customizations / rules etc. and document
- Experience in FCCS Implementation & Support with Good knowledge of Income statement, Balance Sheet, different methods of consolidation and their calculations and disclosure in financial statements and ability to accomplish financial reporting using FCCS smart view
- Knowledge on API’s and ability to understand the workflow behind the integrations.
- Experience to work with Business on understanding the Statutory reporting requirements and ability to implement financial systems(Oracle Cloud/FCCS/Workiva) accordingly
- Ability to work with other teams to leverage new Cloud technology including RPA, Machine Learning and Analytics in conjunction with the Oracle ERP platform
- Ability to work with Hardware engineering teams to understand the Order data flow and set up financial systems to recognize COGS & Revenue as per revenue recognition policies
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor Degree
- Minimum Years of Experience: 8+ years of experience with at least 6 years of in-depth experience in implementing Oracle Cloud Financial applications
Preferred Qualifications: Preferred Knowledge/Skills:
- Very strong knowledge and experience in Oracle cloud FAH.
- Knowledge of Oracle Cloud Financials (GL,AGIS,AP,AR,CM), FCCS, Blackline, RPA, AI/ML technologies
- Experience on Financials reporting using SmartView
- Accounting knowledge
- Strong knowledge on Revenue accounting
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $125,600 - USD $153,600
Zone B: USD $119,300 - USD $145,900
Zone C: USD $113,000 - USD $138,200
Zone D: USD $106,800 - USD $130,600
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.