Global Complaints Program Manager, Block
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
Block’s Global Complaint Program (GCP) team assumes responsibility for key components of its Complaint Program Framework, functioning as an integral part of the Global Policy and Governance (GPG) structure within Block Compliance. Within your capacity, you will collaborate with the Global Complaint Program Lead to oversee complaint management of Block lines of business and ensure strict adherence to established policies. Your role will encompass diverse responsibilities, including but not limited to, public reputation monitoring, conducting targeted quality assurance evaluation sampling, delivering enterprise-wide complaint training, overseeing issue tracking and corrective action, and providing consultative support. Working in close conjunction with fellow members of the GPG and engaging with stakeholders across each line of business, you will play a pivotal role in the evolution and sustained efficacy of the program, seamlessly integrated into the broader Complaint Risk Management framework.
- Showcase a robust track record of extensive expertise and profound comprehension in the realm of complaint management, specifically within banking or fintech
- Provide objective guidance, support and advice to Block lines of business to promote strong Compliance controls and processes
- Develop and deliver enterprise-wide complaint training initiatives
- Independently perform targeted and periodic monitoring of each line of business’ complaint handling for compliance with regulatory requirements and regulator expectations
- Identify and communicate areas of non-compliance and/or material control weaknesses
- Conduct comprehensive analysis of existing reports
- 6+ years complaint program experience within Quality Assurance, Compliance, or Operations.
- Proficient knowledge of a variety of financial or banking products and services, complaint management systems, and compliance standards, regulations and controls
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends for financial and payment service industries
- Experience with evaluating feedback, bulletins, and alerts from external complaint agencies and regulators such as Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Better Business Bureau (BBB), international Ombudsman Services, or Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC)
- Skill in using advanced analytical software tools, data analysis methods and specialized reporting techniques
- Ability to collaborate, communicate, and problem-solve issues with team members of all levels, and cross-functional partners across various lines of business as well as senior management
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in making decisions
- The tenacity to deliver results proactively, resourcefully, and methodically, in addition to having the ability to develop and deliver effective solutions
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills, with attention to detail
- Relevant industry certifications (e.g. CAMS, CRCM, CFE)
- Domain expertise in data analytics and visualization platforms
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $138,200 - USD $169,000
Zone B: USD $128,500 - USD $157,100
Zone C: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
Zone D: USD $110,600 - USD $135,200
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.