Regulatory Compliance Analyst
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Financial Crimes team at Square actively monitors for potential money laundering, fraud, and other suspicious activity. Square is looking for a Regulatory Compliance Analyst to help conduct investigations, analyze transaction activity and trends, write and review Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs).
- Ensure adherence to local and global Compliance Policies and Procedures
- Monitor and act upon compliance related alerts and referrals
- Review escalations of unusual transactions and determine whether a SAR report needs to be filed
- Investigate and document incidents of potential money laundering, fraud, or terrorist financing
- Write and review Suspicious Activity Reports
- Verify merchant information and conduct due diligence reviews as part of Square's Know Your Customer (KYC) policy
- Contribute to projects optimizing the regulatory program and operation of the Financial Crimes team
- Work in collaboration with Support, Risk, and other operations teams within Square
- 4+ years experience in AML/CFT or Fraud related work, preferably in the payments space
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Strong investigative skills, including familiarity with public record research and database tools
- Demonstrated transaction analysis skills that apply across numerous financial products in complex scenarios
- Familiarity with international ML/TF regulations as well as industry best practices
- Written communication skills that show focus to details and accuracy
- An ability to handle sensitive directives and work with team members of all levels
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adjust quickly as things change
- An ability to organize work, prioritize tasks and handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Self starter who can perform superbly with minimal supervision
- Nice to have: Spanish and/or French proficiency
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.