Tax Preparation Product Specialist
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay/Clearpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
Cash App is offering a better way to file your taxes as an alternative to traditional online DIY tax preparation systems. As a Tax Product Specialist you will oversee the planning, design, development, and execution of our tax product offerings to keep the tax software up to date with the most recent tax law changes. You’ll work closely with our engineering and product teams to bring product designs to reality, making sure the product is implemented accurately and handles all supported scenarios. You will support QA of the product for behavior and accuracy, and help to resolve product-related issues identified by our members.
This position is ideal for a seasoned tax product specialist or tax analyst looking for an opportunity to influence and improve a tax product that is accessed by millions of users, as part of a rapidly growing software company.
- Create and review help text, help center articles, product requirement docs (PRDs) and other materials to ensure customers can file their taxes with ease
- Research current tax laws to ensure the accuracy of calculations and forms for various federal and state filing scenarios through PRDs, regression testing and test scenario creation
- Work with SWEs and QEs to make sure requirements are implemented accurately
- Verify the product as it is being developed to ensure it provides a great user experience, including intuitive data entry and relevant help
- Answer questions about the tax code, including “what if’s” that arise during design and development of the product
- Analyze XML for tax return accuracy
- Prior experience as a tax analyst or specialist on a tax software product
- Demonstrates good judgment and intuition
- Experience with creating regression test scenarios
- Effective and clear communicator (written and verbal)
- Methodical, highly organized and detail-oriented, working with a high level of accuracy
- Bachelor degree in a related field required
- Enrolled Agent certification preferred
- Ability to read and interpret code
- Java experience a plus
- Contagious passion for tax
Technologies we use:
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $114,200 - USD $139,600
Zone B: USD $108,500 - USD $132,700
Zone C: USD $102,800 - USD $125,600
Zone D: USD $97,100 - USD $118,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.