Senior Software Engineer, Offers + Ads
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay/Clearpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
The Cash App Boost Offers + Ads team is in charge of building and innovating on Cash App’s current Boost Ads Product, and future ads products. We see a powerful opportunity to create a flywheel where we connect Square, AfterPay, and Cash App’s rich networks of sellers and businesses to Cash App’s 53+ million active customers. This is a powerful connective tissue between Jack Dorsey’s Ecosystems being built within Block.
Our first product is the beloved Cash App Boost program that rewards consumers when they make purchases in our network of merchants using the wildly popular Cash Card and other payment methods. There are many challenging problems innovating and scaling this product out.
With the acquisition of AfterPay, our network, capabilities and opportunities expand, and the team is in charge of inventing the future of connecting sellers and buyers together. What products can we imagine that take advantage of our huge network of consumers? How do we take advantage of our local networks? How do we create ROI for merchants in ways that weren’t possible before?
This is an exciting and rare opportunity to join us as an early member of this team and lead v1s of various high growth + impactful projects. The team gets to work on technical challenges of building + scaling ads platforms, solving performance + latency, incorporating ML relevancy, connecting how the infrastructure meets customer/product goals, experimentation frameworks, and running experiments.
The contributions you make on this team will be used by millions of people in a wide variety of scenarios as we create the future of online and local commerce.
- Scope, build, and scale products, systems, and services that have an immediate impact on our millions of customers
- Lead and participate in critical technical, design, and product discussions
- Participate in all parts of product development, working with non-Engineering related disciplines (Product and Design) and adjacent Engineering teams (Mobile, Platform, Machine Learning, and Data Science)
- 3-8+ years of software development or equivalent experience
- Boundless curiosity, persistence and a desire to get things done
- Enthusiasm for multiple technical areas
- Experience building backend systems and working with FE/mobile teams
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Ads, Rewards, Affiliate Networks and Card-Linked Offers (CLO) experience is a rare bonus!
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java, Kotlin
- MySQL, Dynamo, ElasticSearch
- gRPC and Protocol Buffers
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- DataDog, Prometheus
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.