Senior React Native Engineer - Afterpay, Cash App
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay/Clearpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
Afterpay is transforming the way we pay by allowing customers to buy products immediately and pay for their purchases over four installments. Started as a checkout solution on merchant websites, we now have our own app which millions of customers use regularly. Not only do we offer easy access to in-network merchants from our mobile app, we also have app exclusive merchants and gift cards that customers can shop right from our app.
As part of the mobile engineering team for Afterpay, you’ll develop entirely new consumer facing products, and enhance our existing ones. You will build platforms that scale to address high-priority product needs. In our fast paced environment, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to collaborate and grow while working through design, execution, and maintenance of our new products. You will work with internal teams and external partners to ensure the solutions you develop deliver first-in-class products.
Build, test, and deploy features on our iOS & Android mobile applications in React Native and Typescript
- Focus on all aspects of product quality, including in-depth metrics, performance and monitoring
- Work closely and collaborate with our cross-functional teams consisting of designers, product managers, and QA in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Craft durable, well-tested code with an unwavering commitment to product quality
- Learn to craft gorgeous, pixel-perfect UI and animations
- Deliver features to tens of millions of customers, shipping at a fast and exciting cadence
- Build new Commerce functionality into an app designed to provide real value to its customers
- Experience creating readable, well-crafted, and maintainable code in React, React-Native, iOS or Android
- Solid understanding of mobile UI/UX best practices and standards
- Deep understanding of RESTful API and application design
- Experience with leveraging 3rd party tools and services for purposes such as user analytics, feature flagging, performance monitoring, etc
- Exceptional written and verbal technical communication skills
- A commitment to continuous improvement (yourself, your teammates, your software)
Technologies we use and teach:
- React Native and Typescript
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.