Training Specialist, Cash App
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay/Clearpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
We are looking for a Training Specialist who has experience in both eLearning and instructor led training development. You will support the Cash Customer Onboarding and Management (COM) team by contributing to the design, implementation and execution of training content that fosters a learning and improvement environment. You will work with COM Compliance Leads, Program Managers and other relevant partners in the development of in-person, video conference, web-based, and other training capabilities that create compliance with applicable laws and regulations across multiple jurisdictions. You will demonstrate excellent regulatory knowledge, program and systems design, and documentation abilities. In this role, you will be focused on creating and/or optimizing effective, clear, and engaging learning experiences that drive high performance across the Cash App Compliance team.
- Develop training content for all Cash Customer Onboarding and Management categories as it relates to internal policy, regulatory requirements, and the Cash App platform
- Develop feedback mechanisms to ensure team members understand the training content and can apply to daily program execution
- Work closely with stakeholders to identify training opportunities; design / coordinate the development of training materials, and conduct training
- Maintain an understanding of Cash App products and features and applicable domestic and international compliance requirements
- Stay informed of regulatory developments, industry trends and Block product road maps to ensure the training program(s) are up-to-date
- 3+ years of experience providing compliance training for compliance operations teams with a financial services firm
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Knowledge in BSA/AML regulations, risks and typologies
- A mindset to deliver results strategically, resourcefully, and methodically in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience working in a Payment or Fintech company
- Experience developing eLearning content
- Adobe Creative Suite software
- Experience with or knowledge of cryptocurrency / Bitcoin is a strong plus
- Relevant industry certifications (CAMS, CGSS, CFE, CFCS, CRCM)
- Global Experience
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $41.30 - USD $50.43
Zone B: USD $38.37 - USD $46.92
Zone C: USD $35.10 - USD $42.88
Zone D: USD $30.96 - USD $37.88
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.