Product Lead, Money Movement
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay/Clearpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
The Global Banking team’s mission is to empower users to seamlessly move and use their money to enhance their financial wellness. We are a critical part of the Global organisation, which seeks to make Cash App the primary financial platform of choice in countries around the world like the UK, Canada and others.
Our product leaders are customer-obsessed, collaborate intensely with other key disciplines, and always make decisions with an eye towards Cash App’s business as a whole. Successful product leaders are ambitious and resourceful - willing to go the extra mile to empower our teams, and deliver value to our customers.
As Product Lead, Money Movement, you will own the core features that make money movement and management instant and delightful for our customers. These are the foundational features that other Cash App features are built on top of, so providing an excellent user experience is of utmost importance. This role will require optimization of current features through analysis, experimentation and product validation, as well as the creativity to dream up and build new features to improve our core user experience.
In this role you will:
- Own the ideation, design, implementation and improvement of products which help us advance the Global Banking team’s mission
- Own ongoing performance optimisation of existing core features
- Lead a full stack team (engineers, designers, researchers, data scientists, operations, customer support) on a daily basis to ship innovative and incredible experiences at scale
- Independently identify opportunities, develop perspectives, and prioritise the most impactful experiences we should build or improve for our customers
- Structure our team’s processes to enhance execution velocity, making tactical tradeoffs between business priorities and resources
- Drive effective cross-functional partnership; constantly inspiring and influencing colleagues in Legal, Compliance, Support, Operations, and other Product areas in order to deliver on goals and maximize impact
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for users and passionate about shaping the future of Cash App.
- 6-8 years of product management or related high-growth consumer tech experience
- Proven track record building and delivering consumer experiences via mobile applications, with an understanding of the nuances of both iOS and Android platforms
- Able to earn trust from, and lead a high performing cross-functional product development team
- Deep experience driving A/B testing with a strong understanding of data science and analytics tools. SQL skills are a plus
- Experience building and executing on a multi-quarter roadmap
- Comfort with ambiguity of all kinds, especially in early stage organisations
- Strong communication skills and proven ability to work cross-functionally with global teams across many time zones
- Humble and scrappy, with a get-it-done mindset
- Must be able to accommodate early morning calls 2-3 times a week to partner with global colleagues in other timezones
- Experience leading and working closely with geographically dispersed teams
- Experience delivering FinTech solutions on payment rails in in countries like the UK, Canada or others
- Experience with card issuing and card life cycle management
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.