KYC Program Manager, Cash App
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
We are looking for a KYC Program Manager to join Block and support the continued build out of our Cash App KYC program.
Our mission is to make banking and financial services accessible to the underserved and unbanked by designing and implementing an outstanding compliance program to help grow the Cash App business while protecting the broader financial ecosystem and the Company.
In this role, you will support KYC operations by contributing to the design and effectiveness of preventative and detective measures to enable proper detection and ongoing review as part of the KYC program. You will collaborate with Legal and Compliance Leads, Technical and Product Managers and other relevant stakeholders to ensure our program complies with all applicable laws and regulations across jurisdictions. You will demonstrate excellent regulatory, process and systems design, data analytics, and documentation abilities.
- Evaluate current operational processes and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and industry best practices
- Identify and evaluate KYC requirements for new and existing products or features
- Build tactical and scalable solutions for operational teams to manage compliance tasks and risks
- Make recommendations and assist in executing process improvements and procedure updates for the Consumer Onboarding KYC team
- Draft and maintain relevant documentation and content for changes to the program in accordance with regulatory updates, new products, and overall Compliance team policies and procedures
- Work with our technical teams to understand and design analytical methodologies and potential monitoring scenarios for risk mitigation
- Communicate the progress of and oversee the end-to-end implementation of each operational change to leadership and relevant stakeholders
- Stay apprised of regulatory developments, industry trends and Cash App roadmaps to drive decisions
- Be comfortable with operating in ambiguity and adapting to changing priorities
- 8+ years in the compliance industry, with experience in managing KYC onboarding programs in the financial industry
- A strong analytical and metrics driven approach to create substantiated solutions
- Operational knowledge in building a sound Compliance program
- Knowledge in payment regulations and scheme rules, knowledge of areas of Cards and peer-to-peer payments also ideal
- Strong Regulatory knowledge and industry trends
- Superb organization skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptability in an agile and fast-paced environment
- Ability to execute independently and work with team members of all levels
- A mindset to deliver results proactively, resourcefully, and methodically
- Proven working experience as an operations lead
- Relevant industry certifications (CAMS, CGSS, CFE, CFCS, CRCM)
- Strong knowledge of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies
- Experience in international markets
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $125,600 - USD $153,600
Zone B: USD $116,800 - USD $142,800
Zone C: USD $110,500 - USD $135,100
Zone D: USD $100,500 - USD $122,900
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.