Bitcoin Compliance Team Lead
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay/Clearpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
The Bitcoin Investigations team at Cash App monitors for potential money laundering, fraud, and other suspicious activity across the Cash App platform involving bitcoin. As a Bitcoin Investigations Team Lead you will oversee a team of specialists responsible for investigating financial crime risk on the platform. In your role, you will manage the case work of a team of 6-8 specialists, conduct quality control reviews, track trends and risks, and manage team performance in support of the Bitcoin Investigations Lead. You will work with other team members in the Financial Crimes organization to manage risk, develop procedures, and improve workflow design to support the team’s overall effectiveness. You will help manage a program that demonstrates compliance with all applicable laws and regulations in a dynamic financial services space.
- Oversee a team of specialists with varying levels of experience who conduct reviews stemming from bitcoin transaction monitoring alerts and other sources involving a range of scenarios and financial crime risks types.
- Conduct frequent performance assessments as they relate to program goals.
- Provide guidance, training and act as an escalation point for your team as they perform reviews and make decisions on the disposition of cases
- Support the Bitcoin Investigations Lead to develop policies and procedures applicable to the team, including iterating on existing workflows to increase efficiency
- Work with other Compliance Team members to develop technical specifications for tool enhancements or to build new tool
- Manage Service level agreements and deadlines as well as team member performance
- 3-5 years of experience in BSA/AML/Compliance or Fraud/Risk related work, preferably in a financial institution or related FinTech payments space
- 1-3 years of leadership experience supporting an organization responsible for conducting financial crime investigations.
- 1+ years of experience with investigations involving virtual currencies and the use of blockchain intelligence vendors
- BA/BS degree or equivalent professional experience
- Knowledge in AML transaction monitoring and financial crime typologies and risks in regards to funds transfers, peer to peer (p2p) payments, equities, bitcoin and virtual currency
- Familiarity with relevant AML laws and regulations and industry best practices
- Excellent written communication skills that demonstrate attention to detail
- Experience handling sensitive directives and work with team members and all partners
- Familiarity with relevant AML laws and regulations, and industry best practices in international jurisdictions
- Financial industry certifications such as CAMS or CFE
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $125,600 - USD $153,600
Zone B: USD $116,800 - USD $142,800
Zone C: USD $110,500 - USD $135,100
Zone D: USD $100,500 - USD $122,900
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.