Compliance Appeals Lead, Cash App
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay/Clearpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
We are looking for a Compliance Lead to join Block and support the continued build of our Cash App Compliance program. Our mission is to make banking and financial services accessible to the underserved and unbanked by designing and implementing an outstanding compliance program to help grow the Cash App business while protecting the broader financial ecosystem and the Company.
You will support the Cash App Compliance Customer Onboarding and Management ("COM") program by building, developing, and leading a compliance operations team responsible for conducting in-depth compliance reviews as part of our customer appeals process.
- Oversee Appeals team operations, including training, hiring, coaching, and managing staff and program development
- Develop and maintain procedures applicable to the team
- Identify training opportunities; design/coordinate the development of training materials
- Improve existing workflows, and streamline/ enhance operational efficiency
- Work with other Compliance Leads to promote strategic planning on team growth, organizational structure, focus areas, and quarterly goals
- Understand regulatory landscape and compliance requirements; with emphasis on applicable Compliance and BSA/AML requirements including customer identification, due diligence best practices
- Create, monitor, and meet important operational metrics and implement solutions with COM program managers regarding any issues identified
- Communicate with program management on ongoing technology, and process/workflow change initiatives and ensure appropriate team adoption
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on BSA/AML regulatory changes and landscape
- Provide guidance and insight on account escalations, including handling account escalations from junior team members
- Collaborate with Support, Risk, and other operations teams within Block
- 5+ years in a BSA/AML senior compliance / compliance operations role with a financial services firm, preferably in the payment or Fintech space
- 3+ years people management experience, including coaching and developing compliance specialists/ analysts
- Operational knowledge in executing and running a sound Compliance program with hands-on knowledge of MSB regulatory requirements
- Proficiency in BSA/AML laws and regulations, including having the ability to analyze regulations for determining permissible transactions and activity
- A metrics-driven approach to create substantiated solutions and efficiency
- Ability to present and communicate findings to senior leadership
- Relevant industry certifications (CAMS, CGSS, CFE, CFCS, CRCM)
- Knowledge of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.