Senior Product Designer - Visual Design
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay/Clearpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
The Product Creative team is a horizontal, multidisciplinary team dedicated to developing innovative visual frameworks, executing exceptional in-product creative, and elevating craft standards across Cash App. We align customer insights, relevant visual trends, and brand identity to craft scalable, holistic creative solutions that resonate with our users and elevate product expression across Cash App.
We are seeking an imaginative and driven designer to join our growing team. You will help define and drive the aesthetic and experience of the product alongside leads and our OS team. You will establish and evolve core product flows, interactions and bring a keen eye to bringing our brand into our product through innovative and singular visual design. You will work on data visualization innovation, asset development, core product and onboarding flows and content frameworks. You will ensure that the magic of the Cash App brand is coming to life in our app. You will obsess over the end to end customer experience, coherent and beautiful product design and they will create the playbook for how other designers bring their work to life visually.
You will report to the Head of Design, Product Creative. This position is full-time and available for Remote.
In this role, you will:
- Contribute to defining our product experience and design system across several foundational surfaces
- Be involved in every aspect of creating the product playbook, from brainstorming the next great product innovation, contributing high-level strategic decisions, to prototyping new features
- Utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, data visualization, creative thinking, and visual design skills.
- Lead work driving fundamental concepts across mobile and web clients
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- A passion for turning complex problems into simple and engaging experiences
- Outstanding UX ability, visual design and product thinking for mobile apps
- Experience in data visualization techniques, including the ability to bring complex data information to life into clear, accessible, and visually engaging visualizations
- Experience applying research, usability tests, and metrics to inform design decisions
- Comfort with an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback
- A deep penchant for systems thinking and UX
- Strong analytical, technical, and strategic chops
- Background in customer-facing frontend development for mobile clients and the web
- Experience collaborating across disciplines to lead or support a new idea or product to launch
- Experience conducting and guiding user research and cross-functional collaboration
- Strong collaboration and self-management skills
- Proven skills in presenting work, workshopping concepts, and evangelizing new ideas
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design
- Experience partnering with Front-end Engineering (iOS / Android)
- Experience designing for inclusivity and for diverse audiences (international audiences, multi-language localization, accessibility for people with disabilities, etc.
- Experience on creative teams and in technical environments
- Experience in software design, visual design, interaction design, UX design, and prototyping experience
For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio*
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone B: USD $192,400 - USD $235,200
Zone C: USD $182,300 - USD $222,800
Zone D: USD $172,200 - USD $210,400
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.