Operations Team Leader
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay/Clearpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
We are seeking a result focused individual with a naturally positive mindset, who has a strong background in leading a team of Operational Support Specialists within a Collections, Hardship or Back Office department.
As an Operations Support Team Leader you will be managing and mentoring a team of approximately 13 people and will have responsibility for;
- Driving strong customer service strategies to ensure internal and external stakeholders are supported
- Manage and monitor workflow, incoming requests and queue management in accordance with required policies and procedures to provide a supportive customer experience and ensuring timely and fair outcomes are achieved
- Ensure the team investigate, manage and resolve customer requests and complaints, in accordance with policies and procedures to deliver the best possible customer outcome
- Monitor quality, productivity and service standards of the team to ensure SLAs are met
- Support and be involved with the creation and implementation of projects and strategies
- Develop and support an efficient and responsive team
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a leader in Collections, management of vulnerable customers and liaising with Financial Counselors
- A sound knowledge of Debt Recoveries and proven delivery of performance against targets
- Strong knowledge and understanding of all relevant legislation, including Debt Collections Guidelines, BNPL Code, NCCP and Australian Privacy Principles
- Data Analysis and Insight capability; Proven examples of ability to identify and understand process trends / themes and to formulate meaningful insights from this for action or attention
- Experience managing a team within an Omnichannel environment and strong digital experience (Email, messaging and social media channels)
- Self- driven team player, and a logical thinker that likes to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- You will be able to demonstrate leadership and supervision experience in current or previous roles, effectively manage performance, coach team members in order to maximize performance and ensure great service is delivered by working side by side with your team members
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.