Product Designer - Global
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay/Clearpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
The Global team's overall goal is to launch, build and sustainably grow Cash App beyond the US. Global has multiple product work streams that are responsible for enabling new markets, launching new product lines in existing markets and accelerating growth where we have found traction.
We are looking for a Product Designer to join our Global team. Our focus is to create world-class experiences for our customers all over the world. We pride ourselves in rethinking established paradigms and bringing creative solutions into existence in the financial space that benefit millions of customers.
As a Product Designer for the Global team you will:
- Work in a small, multi-disciplinary team to design & deliver innovative end-to-end experiences from concept to production (includes helping to set the product vision, exploring design solutions, prototyping, supporting implementation.
- Solve customer problems by synthesizing multiple data sources such as metrics, user research insights and customer feedback to Identify opportunities, working as a thought partner to product managers.
- Clearly communicate compelling ideas to a range of stakeholders, including the broader product design team.
- Collaborate with user research to identify, plan and participate in user studies.
This role reports to our Global Product Design Lead, based in San Francisco, and will partner very closely with our engineering teams in Sydney & Melbourne, Australia. Given the timezones our Global team works across, it would be preferred if candidates are based in the Bay Area or on the West Coast.
- A passion for turning complex problems into simple and engaging experiences
- 2+ years of experience as a product designer
- Outstanding UX, visual design and product thinking skills for mobile apps
- Experience applying research, usability tests, and metrics to inform design decisions
- Comfort with an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback
- Competence in design and prototyping tools such as Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong collaboration and self-management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and can clearly & succinctly present concepts to the broader product and design team.
- Ability to travel on a semi-regular basis to garner facetime with a distributed team (after easing of travel restrictions)
- Experience working in highly collaborative multi-disciplinary teams across time zones
- Previous work experience in a consumer-focused tech organization
- Experience with internationalization & localization of products
- Familiarity with creating interactive prototypes
- Prior experience working on fintech products.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.