Information Systems Engineer
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
We’re looking for a Salesforce Administrator responsible for building the best-in-class CRM
system. As an Administrator, you’ll support the implementation of key salesforce initiatives
around improving the health of the salesforce instance, user management, profile management, and drive data quality. You will also identify and implement key salesforce integrations that are necessary to support high revenue growth.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, including Product Managers and Business System Analysts, to comprehend Salesforce application business requirements and then transform these into technical solutions using Salesforce development technologies like Apex, Visualforce, Lightning Components, and declarative tools (Process Builder, Workflow Rules, etc.)
- Design and develop Salesforce data models, including custom objects, fields, relationships, and validation rules
- Participate in requirement gathering sessions to identify the scope and objectives of Salesforce development projects, and document technical requirements, functional specifications, and user stories to guide the development process
- Create Visualforce pages or Lightning components to design and develop custom user interfaces or user experience enhancements
- Develop and execute unit tests, collaborate with QA for integration testing, and troubleshoot issues to ensure the quality and functionality of Salesforce applications
- Investigate and resolve end-user and support team-reported issues in Salesforce applications, analyzing error logs, debugging code, and collaborating with stakeholders for timely resolutions
- Provide On call production support, create Sev Documentation, SOP’s and RCA for P0 and P1’s
- Perform ad hoc Salesforce Administrative tasks and Identify Critical updates Affecting our Salesforce platforms
- Perform audits and address technical debts and own salesforce certificate updates
- Independently run multiple projects end-to-end, including ownership to ensure successful planning, execution, analysis, and communication.
- Perform salesforce configuration changes, including (but not limited to): Workflow, Process Builder, Flows, fields, page layouts, record types, custom settings, dashboards and reports
- Action all aspects of user and license management including new user setup/deactivation, roles, profiles, permissions, public groups
- Minimum 3+ years of hands-on application development experience on Salesforce.com, Sales and Service Cloud platforms
- Good Salesforce knowledge (Workflow, Process Builder, fields, page layouts, record types, custom settings, dashboards and reports, etc.)
- Strong technical foundation on relational database concepts, structures, data modeling, SQL and Data loader is a must
- Hands-on administration and configuration experience with user roles, profiles and permissions, flow and validation rules, email alerts, field updates, reports, dashboards, and other Setup features
- Knowledge of Salesforce best practices related to integrations, development, automation, security, and release management
- Salesforce certifications required: Salesforce Certified Administrator
- Salesforce certifications are preferred but not required: Salesforce Certified App Builder and Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.