Workforce Planning Analyst
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Workforce Management team is looking for a WFM Analyst who is responsible for deploying our workforce against volume forecasts to achieve maximum efficiency across phone, email, and back office support. This position is responsible for the tactical planning, short to medium term schedule adjustment, historical trend analysis, and reporting to ensure the contact center achieves service levels and key performance indicators on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of contact centers and systems and is able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly evolving, high-volume environment. The successful candidate will maintain a flexible task list and is constantly in tune with all customer facing departments. In the event that escalation procedures need to be activated, the WFM Analyst will be responsible for clear, precise, and timely communication with all relevant stakeholders at every level of the organization. The applicant must be able demonstrate ability to interpret large volumes of quantitative data, find trends/patterns and use them to drive action.
- Monitor Customer Success operations and performance and run staffing scenarios and analyze them to recommend enhancements to staffing and scheduling for optimal coverage and achievement of service level/abandon rate goals.
- Attend weekly WFM meetings with department leadership and WFM analysts to understand this week and next week’s call forecast and non-production plan and identify risks to the plan
- Identify areas of opportunity and concern to the broader operations and leadership team, implementing process improvements and targeted programs to address problem areas immediately.
- Understand and incorporate recruitment, training, attrition, and partner contract policies/procedures as they relate to WFM
- Support the Mission Control team with exception processing, ad hoc reporting, forecasting, and intraday management as needed
- Monitor daily/weekly/monthly KPIs and trigger escalation procedures when thresholds are reached
- Monitor intraday forecast vs. actuals, and adjust queuing, staffing, and schedules throughout the day, as required
- Provide intraday reporting to department leadership on KPIs and impact of any escalation procedures..
- Provide post-day summary and analysis on prior days to determine key drivers and impacts, as well as actions to mitigate future risk.
- Provide incident and outage response support, and immediately escalate any potential issues leading to variance from forecast.
- Provide communication to and from Operations and other support departments for escalation of service-impacting issues.
- 2 years of WFM experience with skills in Intraday management, Capacity Planning, Scheduling, and Forecasting.
- Proficiency in compiling, analyzing, and summarizing large amounts of raw data using Excel
- Intermediate or higher Excel and/or GSuite Skills (e.g. vlookups, pivot tables, sumproduct/sumifs functions, etc.)
- Understanding of call center operations & metrics (i.e., AHT, Adherence, Occupancy, etc.) and underwriting productivity metrics (i.e., throughput, turnaround time, etc)
- Prior experience with Workforce Management tools
- Intraday assistance with forecast adjustments derived from business drivers to determine required staffing levels by projecting call volumes, call duration, and required staffing levels using current trends and historical data
- Intellectual curiosity and experience in demand modeling
- Associates degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strategic planning, problem solving, analytical skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills and integrity with strong customer service skills
- 4-year college degree with a major in analytical or technical field
- Working knowledge or interest in learning SQL, Looker, Hyperion or other BI and modeling tools
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.