Advertising Partnerships Manager, Clearpay Ads
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Clearpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Clearpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
As a Partnership Manager, you will be responsible for providing business leadership and account strategy across a book of business encompassing multiple channel partners responsible for significant advertising revenue. You will focus on building strong relationships with your partners, collaborating with cross functional teams to drive revenue, deliver excellent results, and cross/upsell solutions. You should be a strategic thinker, excellent communicator and comfortable problem solving in a fast paced environment.
- Drive strategies for partner onboarding, activation & revenue optimisation with retail partners at scale
- Identify and own revenue-driving initiatives through new and existing channel partners, agencies, and networks
- Sell media placements into partner networks and negotiate media rates
- Build internal processes to streamline workflows
- Monitor day-to-day account management tactics across key advertisers with an eye towards identifying growth opportunities and/or potential account issues
- Work cross-functionally with existing sales, marketing and data teams across our organization to drive partner success
- Provide quarterly forecasts and weekly updates for senior leadership
- Lead internal and external cross-functional calls and business reviews
- Track, measure and communicate program performance to internal and external stakeholders
- Drive success toward KPIs, and exceed revenue targets
- 5+ years experience in Advertising Partnerships focused on selling into agency, networks, and brands
- Demonstrated track record of meeting and exceeding KPIs and targets
- Excellent communicator with the ability to build relationships within various industries
- Self-motivated, competitive individual with the ability to work fast & smart
- Proactive, curious individual who loves to find solutions to problems, rather than avoiding them
- Understands analytical and quantitative levers used by our merchants
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.