Strategic Sourcing Manager, Marketing
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
Block is looking for a Strategic Sourcing Manager supporting the marketing and advertising category. In this role, you will lead sourcing management, contract management, negotiation support and drive adoption of the efficient use of the source-to-pay process through system optimization and proactive partner outreach. You will use your procurement, marketing and advertising sourcing expertise and data analysis skills to support global teams through the source-to-pay process, driving RFP’s, and supporting contract negotiations to optimize our spend. You will report to the Procurement Sourcing Lead.
- Establish partnerships with key stakeholders aimed at identifying, understanding and fulfilling sourcing requirements.
- Conduct, facilitate, and drive marketing and advertising vendor and agency reviews, RFP’s, and contract negotiations.
- Review incoming and ongoing vendor engagement and contract requests.
- Support business stakeholders around the globe through the source-to-pay processes, procedures and policies.
- Collaborate cross functionally with Legal, InfoSec, Privacy, Finance, IT, Compliance and more to help ensure new and existing vendors adhere to relevant requirements in these areas.
- Collaborate to conduct RFx, lead and/or actively support contract negotiation with suppliers and agencies; develop negotiation approaches, fallback positions and acceptable terms and conditions through contract completion and identify important benchmarks to measure contractual arrangements.
- Support and influence negotiations with a focus on cost-reductions, spend-optimization, risk mitigation, and process compliance.
- Ensure alignment with appropriate procurement, sourcing, and/or category strategy and corporate policies through continuous dialogue with category, procurement, and business stakeholder leads.
- Support business partners around the globe including the United States, Canada, Europe/UK, and Australia.
- A minimum 3 years of marketing strategic sourcing experience in procurement and a minimum 5 years of overall strategic sourcing experience.
- Experience with source-to-contract and procure-to-pay practices.
- Strong relationship management and communication skills.
- Capable of prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience using procurement and sourcing tools such as SCOUT, COUPA, Oracle, etc.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $125,600 - USD $153,600
Zone B: USD $116,800 - USD $142,800
Zone C: USD $110,500 - USD $135,100
Zone D: USD $100,500 - USD $122,900
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.