Compliance Program Manager
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
This is a 100% remote opportunity in the United States
We are looking for a collaborative, mission driven, and experienced Compliance Program Manager to join the Square Compliance team. Our mission is to help build compliant and empowering products, assess and manage regulatory risk, and guide the evolution of compliance practices. As Square’s Compliance Program Manager, you will play a pivotal role in supporting various cross functional initiatives for our regulatory compliance program in partnership with other compliance and counsel personnel. You will report directly to Square’s Regulatory Compliance lead and have exposure to leadership within our Counsel and Compliance teams.
- Support the execution of compliance risk analysis
- Support the buildout of an internal control framework
- Provide advice for the design of policies, programs, procedures, and other controls
- Execute issue validation of key compliance initiatives
- Manage the tracking and communication of key project deliverables
- Lead and contribute to special projects with high impact to Square’s compliance program
- 5 or more years of experience in financial services compliance risk management or project management
- Prior experience in compliance testing or internal audit
- Expertise in one of the following subject-matter areas: BSA/AML/Sanctions, Consumer Lending, Consumer Protection, or Payments
- Experience with international compliance requirements and programs
- Demonstrated ability to develop compliance risk management programs
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to build relationships and establish trust and credibility with business leads, external partners, and regulators through collaborative and independent initiatives
- Relevant industry certifications (e.g. CAMS, CRCM, FINRA, CFE)
- Expertise in more than one of the subject-matter areas listed above
- Familiarity with data analytics and visualization platforms
- Experience with GRC tools (e.g. Protecht, RSA Archer, SAI Global, ZenGRC)
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $111,700 - USD $153,600
Zone B: USD $103,800 - USD $142,800
Zone C: USD $98,200 - USD $135,100
Zone D: USD $89,400 - USD $122,900
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.