HR Business Partner, Cash Customer Operations
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay/Clearpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
Our HR Business Partners partner with specific teams, working with leaders and employees on a wide range of relevant and valuable People-related areas: organizational development, talent management, coaching/development, compensation, conflict and performance management, employee relations and more. HR Business Partners are instrumental in shaping and driving HR Strategy and executing programs in collaboration with their People partners and client teams.
We're looking for our next great HR Business Partner in Australia. This Business Partner will guide people and programs across our customer success organizations. You are someone who is interested in making a significant impact in a high-growth, fast-paced and dynamic environment. You will be working with senior business leaders to provide hands-on input, insight, and advice concerning organizational development, performance management, coaching/development, compensation, employee relations, conflict management, training and more. You're comfortable speaking up and driving initiatives forward despite any unexpected roadblocks, as well as translating data into patterns, trends and influencing data based decision-making.
- Partner with mid-level managers and senior leaders to develop and implement effective HR policies and practices that will support the strategic growth of the business
- Provide HR expertise in the areas of feedback, performance management, employee relations, development and coaching, and organizational development
- Offer thought leadership regarding organizational and people related strategy and execution
- Collaborate with HR team to champion and accelerate a culture of excellence in which people feel engaged and inspired to deliver top business results
- Develop people strategies and design approaches for diagnosing and enhancing organizational effectiveness and employee satisfaction
- Lead core HR processes (eg, performance calibration, compensation cycle, promotions)
- Analyze and interpret various types of employee reports (eg, compensation, job levels, and attrition) to guide decision making and provide proactive solutions to client groups
- Partner with relevant partner teams to work on value-added programs in areas of training, development, career mobility, and job performance
- Minimum 5 years experience in an HR Business Partner or HR Generalist role
- A history of partner alignment to build and improve company culture and increase employee engagement
- Performance management and employee relations experience
- Coaching and facilitation skills
- Relevant experience building and improving company culture and increasing employee engagement, and expertise in performance management
- Superb communication skills, including effective facilitation, listening, and writing
- Ability to express thoughts in a clear and concise manner
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.