Brand Partnerships Manager
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay/Clearpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
We’re looking for a proactive, strategic, and driven person to join Cash App’s marketing and brand team as our Brand Partnerships Manager. This is an opportunity to have a direct impact on the team that defines Cash App’s brand through inventive marketing programs and initiatives. This individual would work alongside Cash App’s Head of Brand Partnerships to support the development and execution of strategic partnerships that drive both awareness and cachet to our growing mainstream brand. They will oversee the day-to-day management of partners, delivering best in class marketing, content, and event programs for new and existing talent.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated marketing expert capable of delivering breakthrough concepts in support of strategic marketing initiatives and well-versed in negotiating complex deals. The person in this role will have a major impact on Cash App's credibility, boosting our brand image, driving brand intrigue, and assisting in personalizing our brand impact.
- Oversee all aspects of partner management, inclusive of some production elements, content and program development, design, vendor management, logistics, invitations, sponsorships, promotions and more
- Partner closely with Cash App’s in-house Creative team to ensure partnerships are imagined up to our brand standard
- Manage all logistical arrangements for partner programs including detailed budgets, vendor payments, & agencies,etc.
- Responsible for delivering Cash Apps vision to external agencies in partnership with in-house Creative for production and partner management and ensuring programs and initiatives are executed within Cash Apps brand guidelines
- Develop and execute various initiatives from digital to experiential partner marketing proposals and programs that drive consumer awareness, earned conversation and media coverage, industry support and increased engagement for Cash App and its partners
- Manage integrated programs featuring key partners that support and build brand awareness
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with current and future partners
- Research measure and negotiate artist partnership agreements
- Maximize the use of consumer research to enrich partner opportunities and increase Cash App brand equity
- Partner closely with internal and external teams to uplevel and increase the degree of brand measurement we attribute to key partnerships
- Act fast and be willing to make changes when the unexpected occurs
- 8+ years of brand marketing and partnerships experience
- Creative problem solver with a scrappy determination to do more with less
- Incredible attention to detail and organizational skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with the ability to be persuasive, influential and affect change
- Ability to lead through influence and work effortlessly across internal teams.
- Always reliable follow-through and a self-starter attitude
- Thrive in a fast paced and highly matrixed organization
- Entrepreneurial spirit with demonstrated success in driving new business from concept, to contract, and through the execution phase
- Demonstrated experience in bringing concepts to life through written/visual presentations
- Ability to collaborate across multiple groups and understand the value of working as a team
- Known to take initiative with new projects with ability to make cold calls
- The ability to garner support from internal experts and external partners to position Cash App’s brand against competition
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $167,300 - USD $204,500
Zone B: USD $155,600 - USD $190,200
Zone C: USD $147,200 - USD $180,000
Zone D: USD $138,900 - USD $169,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.