Senior Financial Reporting Analyst - International and Regulatory Financial Reporting
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
Block is looking for an experienced Senior Financial Reporting Analyst, reporting to Financial Reporting Manager, with a primary focus on APAC financial reporting, regulatory reporting and technical accounting. This role is part of the Global Financial Reporting team and will be primarily responsible for preparing and coordinating aspects of the international statutory financial statement and their audits, as well as regulatory reporting requirements for the Company. Additionally, this role will support the Global Financial Reporting team to assist in the filing of the 10-Qs / 10-Ks and various ad-hoc technical accounting projects.
- Coordinate, prepare, and review annual statutory financial statements for multiple international entities applying local GAAP / IFRS accounting guidance
- Collaborate with external auditors and other teams such as accounting, tax, legal, etc. as part of the preparation of the financial statements and statutory audits
- Prepare various regulatory authority filings for Block’s APAC region of operations
- Prepare various statistical surveys - this encompasses reporting to several government authorities such as the Australian Bureau of Statistics and Statistics NZ
- Assist with quarterly and annual ad-hoc regulatory reporting requirements such as APRA
- Assist with research, evaluation and documentation of technical accounting analysis and reporting implications, as well as other corporate accounting and reporting matters that may arise for various entities
- Help with special projects, technical accounting projects, and application of new accounting guidelines
- Assist with quarterly and annual SEC reporting requirements, including compliance with financial reporting SOX control requirements
- Assist the Block’s international accounting team with ad-hoc special research projects and accounting queries
- Familiarity with IFRS, US GAAP and international local GAAP reporting standards
- 4 or more years of financial reporting/accounting experience working with large public multinational companies
- 2+ years of public accounting experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Familiarity with Oraclecloud, Hyperion/ Essbase, Blackline and Workiva
- Experience interpreting new IFRS and FASB guidance
- Comfortable managing conflicting deadlines and working in a fast paced environment
- Exceptionally strong financial reporting and analytical skills
- CA or CPA qualified
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.