Suspicious Activities Investigations Lead, Financial Crimes
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
As the Suspicious Activities Investigations Lead, you will oversee teams of analysts responsible for detecting and reporting potentially suspicious activity, track trends and risks, and use investigative tools to assess and combat financial crimes risk on the Cash App platform. Reporting into our Global Investigations Lead, you will design and implement measures for investigations, contribute to risk mitigation strategies, and identify tools to support your team’s workflows and overall effectiveness. You will help create and manage a programme that complies with all applicable laws and regulations in a dynamic financial services space.
- Oversee investigations teams which will include oversight over training, hiring, coaching, and managing staff
- Work with other Compliance leads to guide strategic planning on team growth, organisational structure, focus areas, and quarterly goals.
- Develop procedures applicable to the team, including iterating on existing workflows to refine and improve their effectiveness.
- Work with other Compliance Team members to develop technical specifications for tool enhancements or new tool build-out.
- Understand regulatory landscape and compliance requirements with emphasis on applicable AML requirements for the detection of potentially suspicious activity.
- Provide guidance, insight and act as an escalation point for your teams as they perform investigations and make recommendations, draft and file suspicious matter reports.
- Manage SLAs and deadlines to meet goals and internal benchmarks.
- Handle sensitive directives and collaborate with team members and partners.
- 3+ years in BSA/AML Compliance or Financial Crimes/Fraud/Risk roles.
- 2+ years of experience managing teams responsible for conducting investigations and filing Suspicious Matter Reports, or other jurisdictional equivalents.
- Knowledge of AML regulations, risks and typologies, specifically around virtual currencies.
- Experience running a sound operational programme.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.