Compliance Manager - Financial Services ANZ
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
As our business grows, so does our Compliance Team! We are currently seeking a Compliance Manager, reporting to our Head of Compliance, to join our Compliance function here at Afterpay and Cash ANZ. You will provide broad compliance advisory, governance and frameworks services and support across broad compliance advisory services and support across all Afterpay and Cash business units in Australia and New Zealand. You will be Australia-based, preferably in Sydney but can sit anywhere in Australia.
- Act as compliance adviser to assess, advise and act as compliance subject expert to the business on a broad range of financial services areas, including regulated consumer credit, BNPL compliance, payment systems regulation, P2P/non-cash payment facilities, AFSL obligations, design and distribution obligations, AML, collections, consumer protection, anti-bribery and corruption and other conduct-related areas.
- Building and maintaining frameworks to support regulated financial services products.
- Conduct compliance risk assessments on new products, services and initiatives.
- Assist the business with compliance incident management.
- Manage projects to assess, implement and monitor adherence to new regulatory obligations and policies.
- Maintain databases, registers and other records relating to compliance risk management (e.g. maintaining project plans, logging incidents, completing risk assessment forms and action logs).
- Work with business lines to enhance awareness and educate on compliance risks, mitigation strategies and options.
- Advise internal management and business partners on the implementation of compliance programs.
- Lead and manage projects to assess, implement and monitor adherence to new regulatory obligations and policies.
- Report on compliance risks, trends and key performance metrics.
- Drive a strong risk culture and awareness in day-to-day business decisions.
- 5+ years working experience as a compliance professional in Australian financial services environments is essential, including knowledge of obligations as they apply to regulated financial services products, and maintenance of regulatory licences.
- Experience working as a financial services compliance professional in Australian regulatory practices and building and maintaining frameworks to support regulated financial services products.
- Tertiary qualified in relevant discipline.
- You’re naturally passionate about why compliance matters and how it contributes to successful business and community outcomes.
- You have a data and technical focus, with an ability to analyse, assess and operationalize new and emerging regulatory obligations.
- Capable of acting autonomously, thinking end to end and working under tight timeframes.
- You are capable of prioritisation decisions on workloads to manage outcomes and you take pride in and ownership of everything you do.
- You have initiative and drive - you are confident, collaborative and form strong enduring stakeholder relationships.
- You enjoy solving problems and are creative but also strategic, ensuring solutions are relevant and sustainable.
- You place importance on building strong relationships and pride yourself on your excellent communication skills.
- A willingness to learn, be challenged and be part of a team of like-minded people who want to make a difference.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.