Software Engineer, Backend (TIDAL)
TIDAL was founded for artists by artists as the next innovative streaming platform to bring value back to the music industry. We empower artists with the products, resources, services, and content required to take control of their careers and connect more deeply with fans. Available in over 60+ countries, TIDAL continues to help artists break down economic barriers to continue creating what’s next in culture. TIDAL is part of Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ), a global technology company with a focus on financial services.
Our team of developers work within a flat and flexible structure. We are focused on teamwork because we know that the best results are achieved when we combine our efforts. The team ensures continuous delivery and we work with sprints and daily standups. We always aim to use the newest technology and we make sure to implement our solutions in the best way possible.
You will be a part of the Customer team which works with our commercial websites, focusing on the new web based Artist Platform. TIDAL is on a mission to serve artists and fans alike. As we are growing our artist focus, we are scaling up our teams to support the mission of providing artists with empowerment and we are looking for Java developers that are confident and take ownership to build new products and services in an exciting setting.
Reporting to your team lead, your main goal will be to ensure the delivery of next gen tools for Artists with a strong focus on customer needs.
Please note: This role is based in Europe
- Architect modern, scalable, backend solutions that are testable, performant, and easy to maintain
- Have a chance to research and test latest technologies, and a voice in how our team applies new technologies across our domain
- Collaborate closely with other teams, including Product, Front-End and other Backend teams across multiple disciplines
- Collaborate cross-functionally on a new product focused on empowering musicians with tools to aid in their artistic journey
- Help analyze and implement technical improvements and performance optimisation
- 5+ years of experience with architecting and developing scalable, reliable and maintainable systems
- Strong programming skills with Java frameworks (Spring Boot, Micronaut, etc.)
- Extensive experience building REST APIs
- Experience with serverless technologies
- Experience using tools and technology such as AWS (Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, IAM, etc.), Terraform, DataDog
- Experience with other programming languages such as Python, Go or Rust
- Strong collaboration and cross-functional skills; you are self driven, yet your best work is done in a team environment
- AWS Certified Developer or AWS Certified Solutions Architect highly preferred
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.