CRM Marketing Manager, Bitkey
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
Bitkey is a pioneering product in the bitcoin self-custody space, and we’re hiring a world-class marketing team to help us drive product adoption in 6 continents around the world. We’re looking for an experienced CRM Marketing Manager to help us test and scale a wide variety of CRM campaigns and other marketing channels to explore which are most effective to launch and grow Bitkey worldwide.
The CRM Marketing Manager will oversee our CRM lifecycle marketing strategy and execution, making decisions on what marketing communications we send to customers across email, push, SMS and in-app messaging. You will help structure and build out our referral program, and drive customer reviews. You will help us implement and maintain key transactional and product comms, and maintain CRM hygiene and deliverability.
In addition to this, the Bitkey CRM Marketing Manager will help test new channels including influencer marketing partnerships, affiliate marketing campaigns, and partner marketing campaigns.
Because of the wide variety of marketing activities they will lead, the Bitkey CRM Marketing Manager will have proven CRM experience, with at least 2 years experience in running CRM and email marketing campaigns, and be a strong marketing generalist who’s excited and motivated to work on campaigns beyond CRM.
At Bitkey we are building a product with a strong customer privacy-first mindset. The CRM Marketing Manager should be excited and motivated to figure out ways to deliver effective lifecycle marketing whilst minimizing dependencies on rich customer data. You will ideally have an interest in bitcoin and be highly motivated to work on a pioneering self-custody bitcoin product that helps customers take control of their money.
- Oversee all CRM marketing campaigns across email, push, SMS and in-app messaging
- Oversee and implement our lifecycle marketing, retention and upsell campaigns
- Work with Product Managers to implement and support key transactional and product comms
- Help us build out our CRM tool, Iterable, for marketing campaigns
- Manage our referral program driving sales from existing customers through CRM
- Oversee and implement CRM strategies to drive customer reviews for platforms like TrustPilot
- Maintain performance and health of email, push, SMS, and in-app messaging channels with regard to audience segmentation, content, list hygiene, and deliverability
- Work with Data Science to measure the impact of each CRM campaign, develop benchmarks, and deliver clear reporting
- Support partner marketing campaigns to drive customer acquisition through co-marketing
- Participate in opportunities to work on exploring new channels with the Bitkey Marketing lead, including influencer / creator marketing test campaigns, affiliate marketing, and other channels we want to test
- Have a strong interest in bitcoin and be highly motivated to help drive adoption of the Bitkey product around the world
- Have the opportunity to work remotely and report directly to Bitkey's Head of Marketing
- 5+ years experience in marketing roles, including at least 2 years in CRM / email marketing manager role, ideally in a B2C technology company
- Proven experience building email campaigns in Iterable (or similar CRM), with HTML, and CSS skills
- Proven track record delivering growth through CRM / email marketing campaigns
- Experience testing and developing new marketing channels and initiatives — influencer or affiliate a bonus
- Passion in working in an international context which means you are curious, have cultural awareness, and are excited to learn about new markets - with colleagues and customers all around the world.
- Excitement about working in a new product and business unit with a fast-paced startup culture
- Interest in bitcoin and helping customers manage their money with autonomy, and control
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.