Global Senior Leader, Vendor Management and WFM Operations
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay/Clearpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
As the Senior Operations Support Lead, you will be responsible for our Vendor and Workforce Management functions, and for those teams’ strategic vision and goal setting, prioritization, investment decisions, financial impact, and regulatory and external partner compliance. You will need highly developed relationship management and methodical execution skills as Cash App’s customer base and customer service maturity grows. You will oversee the end-to-end relationship management lifecycle with our key global operations partners and the process of our WFM scheduling and forecasting across all scaled teams and queues.
You’ll need to partner with direct and Cash-wide partner teams, influencing key stakeholders across Support, Risk Operations, Legal, Compliance, and Finance & Strategy. Your set of responsibilities will span from long-range forecasting to in the moment execution and real-time analysis, and your partner remit will include contract writing and enforcement, creating adherence and consistency standards, negotiating for optimal cost profiles, and balancing and managing our vendor portfolio. CCO senior leaders are experts in cross-functional partnership, constantly inspiring and influencing colleagues in order to deliver on their goals and maximize impact.
If you're looking for a role where you can have a massive impact and a wide scope, you’ll find this role compelling and rewarding! Our new Senior Operations Support leader will be driven by Block’s purpose of economic empowerment and excels at owning decision-making on complex trade-offs that balance the customer experience, operational scalability, and business impact.
- 15+ years of relevant work experience in business strategy, support operations, risk operations, analytics, management consulting, and/or finance and strategy at significant scale; preferably with experience at a fast-paced, high-growth financial technology company with complex, large-scale customer support operations
- Specific deep background of 10+ years directly managing vendor management teams and workforce scheduling and forecasting functions with a deep understanding of these functions
- Rich background in client management, data analysis, and resource management and in building executive level partnerships with global outsourcers
- Experience leading and managing a high performing, high impact team that consistently delivers in the regulated financial services industry
- Incredible business sense and a high degree of comfort with ambiguity, and a knack for quickly ramping on new skills and functions. You’ve built functions, teams, and/or processes from scratch.
- Creative problem-solving abilities and expertise in balancing and articulating trade-offs at scale
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities to analyze an issue, use data to problem solve and determine prioritization, and create a framework for a compelling and inspirational business strategy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and narrative story-telling skills. You can frame and distill complex information appropriately for different audiences and are comfortable presenting to Cash App’s most senior leaders.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone B: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone C: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone D: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.