Machine Learning Engineer (Modeling) - Customer Support
- Alternate Location: Seattle, United States
The Customer Support Automation team aims to create better-than-human Customer Support Experiences. Cash App holds people’s money, and building customers’ trust is absolutely essential to our brand. Providing fast and reliable help whenever the customer needs it is a major component of building that trust.
Machine Learning is at the heart of our automation approach, and we are looking for a senior modeler to lead our automation efforts across new Support surfaces. As a modeler on the Customer Support Automation team, you will:
- Train and deploy NLP models that understand customer inquiries
- Develop and drive the vision for new Customer Support Experiences
- Scale cutting-edge model techniques to Cash App’s huge volume of data
- Build the future of conversational experiences using Large Language Models
We are a versatile team that combines deep technical expertise with a focus on quality customer experiences. If you want to be at the forefront of translating emerging technologies into real-world value, please join us!
Technologies we use (and teach):
- Python (NumPy, Pandas, sklearn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, keras, etc.)
- Snowflake and GCP
- Transformer models (BERT, T5, LLMs, etc.)
- 5+ years experience with applied Machine Learning or Deep Learning
- A graduate degree in Computer Science, AI, ML, Applied Math, Stats, Physics, or a related technical field
- Worked with Product, Design, and Engineering to prioritize, scope, design, and deploy ML models
- A track record of providing mentorship and technical leadership
- An appreciation for the connection between the software you build and the experience it delivers to customers
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.