People Operations Specialist - International
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
Block is looking for a People Operations Specialist to join our International People Operations team to help support and leapfrog ahead of Block's growth. Reporting to the International People Operations Lead, you will be hands-on and responsible for overseeing the operations of the employee lifecycle relating to service delivery and design, in order to create exceptional people experiences at scale.
- Provide employee lifecycle support by managing queries related to all HR matters, in alignment with established service level agreements and best practices
- Manage recurring / scheduled activities in support of ongoing service delivery (e.g. Right to Work verification, management of updates via HR systems, reporting)
- Process data entry in Workday for all employee changes and troubleshoot data discrepancies
- Identify trends through data, conduct analyses, and propose systematic operational solutions (i.e., process improvements, process efficiencies, etc.)
- Maintain the ongoing improvement of internal knowledge-base
- Develop subject matter expertise on program, policy, or process aligned to various service areas
- Participate in other related duties, as assigned
- 3+ years prior experience in Human Resources operations or an adjacent function
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities, remaining composed and maintaining attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record implementing process improvements at scale; developing and maintaining reliable and comprehensive process documentation
- Broad experience with software tools and systems
- Exceptional ethics around confidentiality and highly sensitive information
- Ability to build partnerships and establish rapport and credibility at all levels with colleagues around the world
- Experience in administering HR processes across a range of countries
- Experience with Workday (experience with reporting and EIB’s is an added bonus)
- Proficient with G-Suite and/or Slack
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.