Product Lead, Reporting & Taxes
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Orders organization oversees the platforms that power all sales, order management, pricing, taxes, subscriptions and reporting at Square. The team is responsible for the order management and checkout experiences on Square's Point of Sale solutions and the core reporting, tax and subscriptions experiences on our merchant dashboard.
We're looking for an experienced product leader to lead a team of Product Managers on the Reporting & Taxes team. You will be the steward of a suite of data platforms, web/mobile experiences and APIs that empower sellers with all the information they need to run and grow their business while providing them the peace of mind that the Square solutions they use are compliant with local regulations. Similar to how fitness enthusiasts rely on and trust data to optimize their health, we strive to be the indispensable tool for every seller to understand and elevate the 'health' of their business.
You will lead an empowered product team and manage relationships with partners across Block. You will report directly to the Head of Product for Orders and join a close-knit, full-stack team spanning Engineering, Design, Product Marketing and Data Science.
As the Product Lead for the Reporting & Taxes team, you will oversee product features from creation through execution. You will work with designers, engineers, product analysts, and other partners across Square to ensure that our solutions help sellers better understand their business so they can grow . You will advocate for the voice of our sellers, buyers and developers to provide solutions that are not just reliable, scalable, and secure, but are a competitive advantage for Square and delightful to use.
This is a visible role that provides an opportunity to lead one of the most important parts of Square's commerce solution.
- Own, develop, maintain, and enhance the reporting and taxes teams product strategy through vision setting, planning and effective stakeholder & roadmap management.
- Lead and grow a team of accomplished product management professionals while encouraging an environment of learning and growth mindset.
- Collaborate with other senior leaders on partner teams to engage with and contribute to the wider Product community at Block.
- Represent the team with partners and senior company leaders to align resources and prioritization
- Work on complex issues requiring deep empathy for sellers, technical knowledge about data platforms, as well as, understanding of our business objectives.
- Work closely with the Engineering Lead for Reporting & Taxes to guide the creation of reusable platform solutions that are delightful, scalable and remarkable.
- 12+ years of product management experience or equivalent; including 4+ years as a people manager. Prior experience as a software engineer or solutions architect or data analyst and with building platform products is desirable.
- Experience with data and analytics products from experience from working in e-commerce or related SMB focused industries. You care about empowering business owners with powerful tools that help them make decisions about their business.
- Developed and implemented a product strategy, with measurable impact. You have experience creating or co-creating with your team a product strategy that balances long-term goals with short-term experimentation.
- Established strength in leading teams, including growing the careers of individual product managers, senior product leaders, and junior people just entering the field.
- Ability to influence executive leadership, and to communicate comfortably and concisely to audiences at every level and in every role within the company.
- You are a collaborator and thoughtful in building relationships with partners. You will partner with your functional lead peers on Orders and build enduring, productive relationships across Block.
- Passion for Square's mission, with new technology and for solving complex problems.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $245,100 - USD $299,500
Zone B: USD $245,100 - USD $299,500
Zone C: USD $245,100 - USD $299,500
Zone D: USD $245,100 - USD $299,500
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.