Interactive Designer, Appointments
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
Square is looking for a passionate Interactive Designer to join our Appointments product marketing team, focusing on the Beauty, Wellness and Fitness industries.
This is a hands-on creative role with tremendous opportunity to influence one of our main vertical products, Square Appointments. You have a passion for creating impactful experiences for small businesses, working on innovative campaigns and iterative designs, and supporting the experience from start to finish. You will be a part of a creative team that touches a variety of digital channels including interactive webpages, digital ads, emails, social media, performance marketing, product tutorials, online and offline collateral and much more.
In this position you'll put the audience first, share and sell ideas, and partner with creatives. You sweat the smallest details, understand what it takes to develop great creative work, excel in collaboration, and have experience translating strategies into great brand experiences. You will report to the Creative Director. This position is remote from the United States or Canada.
- Design and contribute to a range of projects including web pages, email campaigns, digital ads and all aspects of go-to-market campaigns (e.g. social media, video, photoshoots, experiential, print)
- Work with partners in Marketing, Strategy, Product, Art Direction, Photo, Copy, and Design Technology
- Create video and motion style frames, interactive designs, animations, presentation designs, infographics, and occasional print graphics
- Craft graphic elements, mood boards, and visual treatments
- Present design concepts and ideas to partners
- Understand and build upon core Square design principles (e.g. typography, layout, information architecture, and visual hierarchy)
- 4+ years of industry experience including in-house creative work
- A portfolio that showcases interactive web and digital marketing projects across Web, Mobile, Native, and Social
- Expert in animation, motion graphics and interactive designs
- Expert in Figma, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Experience in photo/video
- Mastery and experimentation of design fundamentals (color, typography, composition, and layout)
- Knowledge of best practices in usability, UX, and interaction design
- Experience collaborating with multiple creative disciplines and cross-functional partners
- You have the ability to advocate for your work and accept directional feedback
- Experience working on brands in multiple international locales
- Desire to work in a startup environment, where iteration and learning is encouraged
- You have a have a passion for the beauty, wellness, and/or fitness cultures
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - $185,900
Zone B: USD $144,500 - $176,700
Zone C: USD $136,900 - $167,300
Zone D: USD $129,300 - $158,100
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.