Product Marketing Manager, Invoices
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
We are looking for a creative, data-driven marketer to join Square as a Product Marketing Manager for the Square Invoices product, to focus on growing our core business in the US and Canada. Square Invoices is a fast-growing global product that helps merchants around the world save time and get paid faster by collecting payments remotely from their buyers. Our customers love our product because it's well designed, easy to use, and integrated with the rest of their business operations.
Invoices is one of the largest and most exciting products at Square. We have a full stack team, spanning across product, design, product marketing, engineering, and operations. We are collaborative and value innovation. Our roadmap is full of interesting projects, and we are looking forward to what’s to come.
You will have a strong background in product marketing, with experience in funnel optimization, driving acquisition, developing positioning and messaging, defining customer profiles, pricing strategy, creating and executing a growth marketing strategy, and have a track record of influencing the product roadmap and managing complex cross-functional projects. You will report to the Product Marketing Lead of the Square Invoices team and will be based in Canada.
- Lead the GTM strategy of our core Invoices offering to accelerate business growth for US and Canada market
- Develop product positioning, value propositions, messaging, and tactical plans, ensuring that all customer-facing teams are on-message and maximizing each channel.
- Identify target customers, and develop segmented marketing strategies to accelerate adoption and active use of Invoices products among these audiences.
- Be the voice of our customers, and translate their needs into opportunities for product strategy. Understand their needs through surveys, interviews, and analysis of product usage data
- Support product growth initiatives, including launching new features, new segments, and new markets. Bring the product to life.
- Deeply understand our competitors' offerings and promote ongoing differentiation in our product and marketing strategies.
- 5+ years working in product marketing, growth or lifecycle marketing, or similar go-to-market experience
- Previous background in B2C or B2B marketing to small business audiences, preferably with experience in payments, fintech, early stage startups, or consumer technologies
- Demonstrated competence in marketing fundamentals including customer insight development (quantitative and qualitative), pricing analysis and recommendations, and executing go-to-market campaigns
- Experience working with partner teams (product, eng, design) to develop and launch a product and new product features
- Experience partnering with central creative and marketing teams to execute marketing campaigns
- Comfort in a face-paced, startup environment
- Genuine interest in and curiosity in helping small businesses succeed
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. Canada locations are categorized into one of two zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
CA-A: CAD $104,100.00 - CAD $156,100.00
CA-B: CAD $100,400.00 - CAD $150,600.00
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource.
We have listed some of our common hiring locations. Depending on the cost of labor in the relevant geographic area, state work locations that are approximately 50 Kilometers outside of the metro area listed may be aligned to a different zone. These zones may be modified in the future. Please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.