Risk Program Manager
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
Square Financial Services, Inc ("SFS" or the "Bank") is Block, Inc.'s bank. We opened in March 2021 and provide lending and FDIC insured deposits services to small businesses on a nationwide basis.
The SFS Risk team is seeking a Risk Program Manager reporting to the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) to act as a second line of defense in monitoring and overseeing the bank’s third party vendor, business continuity, and fraud programs. Many of these programs are managed by SFS’s parent company; however, these programs require 2nd line of defense oversight to ensure adherence to SLA’s, regulatory guidance and to protect against financial loss to the Bank. This is an individual contributor role that will be responsible for updating relevant policies, monitoring program performance, and working with key bank and parent company risk owners to make changes to programs where appropriate.
- Proactively manage, oversee and monitor effectiveness and controls of key programs as part of the Bank’s second line of defense risk management function.
- Measure program performance against SLA’s, applicable laws, regulatory guidance, and policy standards.
- Identify gaps in program guidelines, controls, and assess remediations proposed by risk stakeholders.
- Collaborate with key function risk and process owners to identify and resolve gaps in programs.
- Monitor and report compliance and policy deviations to Enterprise Risk Management for issues management tracking and remediation.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports and KRI’s to the CRO and the Management Credit Risk Committee, which may identify program performance issues, incidents, and non-compliance of regulations and or policy.
- Develop, document , and implement policies and procedures for oversight of relevant programs.
- Conduct risk assessments of programs vs. regulatory guidance and industry best practices.
- 5+ years of banking experience in relevant fields of risk management, compliance, internal audit, or vendor risk management.
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Strong knowledge and experience of managing relevant risk management programs for commercial or consumer banking products, and applicable laws and regulations (i.e. ECOA, UDAP, CAN-SPAM, TCPA, SCRA, FIL 44, etc.)
- Must be a team-oriented individual with willingness and ability to work with and influence individuals outside of reporting lines or different lines of business.
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration
- Certifications related to risk management or audit such as CRMA or CIA
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $125,600 - USD $153,600
Zone B: USD $116,800 - USD $142,800
Zone C: USD $110,500 - USD $135,100
Zone D: USD $100,500 - USD $122,900
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.