Business Development Associate - English/French bilingual
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
Our fast-paced Sales team has an infectiously positive attitude and commitment to succeed. We are looking for a Business Development Associate to join our team. Your entrepreneurial spirit and passion for problem solving will help in identifying ideal merchants that can grow with Square's platform. This is an outbound role, and as the first line of contact, you must be able to understand the diverse business needs of our merchants. You are quick on your feet, tenacious, and possess grit to overcome objections.
Please note: this is a hybrid position requiring 1-2 days a week in our Dublin HQ
- Lead the charge and introduce Square to merchants in Europe
- Engage in outbound sales activities such as cold calling, emailing and social selling to approach decision makers in net new businesses in France
- Prospect and qualify net new leads , collaborating with Account Executives
- Lead in developing and sharing your proven best practices which are the foundation of this growing team
- Consistently attain and exceed your monthly KPI’s & quotas
- Work autonomously with support from our global sales team
- Act as an outward-facing ambassador of Square's mission, values, brand, and products
- Native level of French and English fluency, spoken and written
- Previous Sales (inbound/outbound) or customer-facing experience, ideally from Food and Beverage or Retail industry
- Experience exceeding sales targets, promoting a diverse ecosystem of products
- Heaps of tenacity, drive and initiative to overcome objections and evolve your sales approach as you grow in this role
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiasm for developing sales skills through cold calling and high resiliency
- Knowledge of Salesforce
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.