Workforce Management, Short-range Planning and Execution - Lead
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Short-range Planning and Execution Lead is responsible for intraday plan optimization and plan execution to meet service targets. They lead a team of specialists to optimize intraday planning across multiple lines of business that include internal and outsourced resources internationally, and they drive plan execution to achieve service performance objectives. They regularly use data to make decisions, often curating the data they need on their own. The Lead drives projects and initiatives, often delivering written business cases to senior leaders that are backed by data and well written with sound reasoning that displays structured thinking.
The ideal candidate will Lead a team to deliver and execute on short-range plans that deliver SLA performance and optimal staff utilization. They will oversee, and when needed contribute directly to planning and optimization of non-work events, communication of risks and opportunities, delivery of a balanced intraday plan, and execution of the plan, managing queue performance and crisis as needed. They will be the leader responsible for the strategy of this team. The ideal candidate will set their KPI metrics and drive team performance. They will oversee decisions, and design processes and procedures that ensure we efficiently deliver service performance and operate a well run intraday planning team that is reliable, responsive and action oriented. You will often work autonomously and be tasked with clearly rationalizing your positions on topics in technical peer reviewed documents that rely on reason and data, where your communication skills will be under a microscope. You will need to be driven and resilient as you will be the subject matter expert who is relied upon to deliver flawless results.
- Oversee the short-range planning horizon by managing time-off administration, optimizing intra-day planning, and ensuring proactive communication about plan readiness. This includes identifying opportunities for better staff utilization, risk management, and cost-saving initiatives.
- Assume full responsibility for designing and refining processes and procedures to meet team KPIs, particularly focusing on plan efficiency and SLA adherence.
- Manage plan execution including queue performance management, risk mitigation, communication and root cause analysis of service delivery failures
- Ensure the short-range planning and execution team(s) provide actionable and data-driven input to stakeholders and WFM partners to highlight opportunities to improve plan forecasting, scheduling and overall operational efficiency
- Hire and lead the Workforce Short-range Planning and Execution team, fostering their professional growth and ensuring the delivery of high-quality work.
- In collaboration with the Forecasting/Planning and Scheduling teams, and in coordination with CS Direct leadership, set the strategic direction and roadmap for the Short-range Planning and Execution team.
- Contribute to OKRs and prioritization/sequencing of projects, and ensure the team delivers high-quality results on time
- Contribute to Workforce Management projects - Network Realignment, redundancy, design and reporting realignment
- BA/BS degree, ideally in an analytical field
- 4+ years of work experience in Workforce Management with 3+ years in a leadership role - hiring and developing great people, and establishing a collaborative and positive team culture
- Demonstrated performance in short-range planning processes and cycles, and experience designing and implementing short-range planning processes and procedures
- Experience with Workforce Management tools (NICE preferred)
- Experience defining and delivering short-range planning and execution KPIs
- In-depth knowledge of call center operations, especially pertaining to scheduling principles and problems, real-time management strategies and performance reporting using BI tools such as Looker, Tableau or similar
- Expert level verbal and written communication and stakeholder management skills working with across functions and leadership levels
- Advanced GSuites skills
- Proficiency using SQL
- Deep knowledge of forecasting and planning processes
- Working knowledge of R and Python
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $114,200 - USD $139,600
Zone B: USD $106,200 - USD $129,800
Zone C: USD $97,100 - USD $118,700
Zone D: USD $85,700 - USD $104,700
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.