Complaint Resolution Specialist, Clearpay
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay/Clearpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
This ideal team member has a relentless commitment for delivering a great customer experience. This role primarily provides day to day support in the complaint handling process from initial contact to closure through investigation, timely follow up, tracking and documentation of customer response resolution per procedures. You serve as an escalation point for customer complaints, perform in-depth investigations and provide feedback and recommendations to management as needed that may address root cause, corrective & preventive actions.
Additionally, you serve as a real time subject matter expert for customer support teams to help guide resolution around immediate issues and partner across multiple Clearpay teams to triage support, providing input and feedback into the customer experience.
Please note this position requires you to be present in the Manchester office two days per week.
- Resolve and manage all external complaints (including those raised to regulatory bodies such as the FOS) within regulatory timeframes and in alignment with regulatory expectations.
- Resolve and manage executive complaints and other internally escalated complex complaints.
- Effectively supports the complaint handling process to ensure timely resolution of complaint.
- Coordinates complaint investigation activities and responses customer complaints through various channels including ongoing monitoring for resolution.
- Work independently to conduct the investigation of consumer complaints within designated timeframes.
- High levels of autonomy and strong decision making skills required to find the appropriate solution to resolve complaints. Resolution decisions should be considerate of customer experience, prevention of further escalation and/or any reputation damage.
- Analyse and fully understand issues presented by the complaint, identify any necessary follow-up with the complaint and determine the materials needed to support investigation findings
- Provide support to the Customer Service team for escalated complaints/complex complaints, where first and second level resolution team members have not been able to resolve.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to be able to prepare detailed, logical and well explained responses with empathy to consumers, executives, external complaint bodies and consumer advocacy groups.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of the Clearpay product and support procedures
- Assists with ongoing monitoring and support of operational processes and being a part of team to drive and recommend improvements
- Reporting/escalation of any possible systemic issues or failures and take part in actions for resolution
- Prepare reporting for stakeholders on complaint volumes, complaint categories and insights for both internal and external dispute resolution.
- Analyse complaint data, report on trends to the business, and make recommendations to improve processes.
- Act as a subject matter expert on customer processes, complex customer impacting issues and management of escalated/regulatory disputes within the organization, including imparting knowledge to others to prevent escalation in the first instance.
- Proven experience in Customer Service, Complaints Handling and Dispute Resolution up to the executive level.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment and a good understanding of FCA and FOS regimes is required
- Proven experience in conflict resolution and strong problem solving abilities
- Demonstrated experience in dispute resolution, including communication and management of complaint cases to external groups and governing bodies.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills - ability to draft detailed, logical and comprehensive findings to external dispute bodies.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, interpersonal, and analytical thinking skills
- Demonstrates ability to collaborate, express emotional intelligence, possesses accountability and critical thinking
- Education to degree level preferred
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.