Senior Account Executive
- Alternate Location: Melbourne, Australia
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
The Square Australia Sales team is looking for a Senior Account Executive to accelerate our shift upmarket. You will be a brand ambassador for Square Australia, sourcing large opportunities outside traditional channels. Your depth of commercial acumen will guide prospects in their evaluation of our platform across a suite of software, hardware and embedded financial services to see if we are suited to solve the diverse challenges they face today. You will work with Square's most prominent use-cases across multiple markets and will report to the Sales Manager, Australia. This role can be based in Melbourne or Sydney.
- Build relationships with multiple stakeholders to configure business cases for change
- Uncover complex strategic objectives across multiple industries and help create custom solutions
- Work with Australian and global Square Sales, Marketing, Product and Partnership teams to provide feedback on the needs of our most creative clients
- Create a great impression for prospective Square merchants by thematically & objectively linking our services as a partner to their long-term goals
- Maintain a current understanding of, and eagerness to improve upon, incumbent sales processes
- Demonstrate a high level of diligence towards external engagement and internal data validity
- Contribute to a productive, engaging and inspiring team environment
- Keep up-to-date with the latest business, industry and product trends
- Previously sold a complex ecosystem of SaaS solutions into multiple industries
- Comfort in navigating through commercial, technical and legal requirements in executing contracts
- The aptitude to demonstrate perpetual benefits of annual recurring operational investment
- Executed a sales plan for a new territory, industry vertical or product suite
- An enthusiasm for prospecting and experience in deploying various sales methodologies
- Genuine curiosity about people and business, with the ability to inspire passion in others
- An interest in participating in frequent bidirectional feedback exercises
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.