Product Lead, Identity
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay/Clearpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
Cash App’s top strategic business priority is Trust: building deep trust with our customers allows us to deepen our financial relationship with them, introduce them to new products, increase our share of wallet for each service, and expand our customer base. The Health team’s mission is to create a holistic Cash App experience that fosters the trust, safety, security, and support of our customers and their assets - all while expanding access within the Cash App ecosystem. One of the core pillars of Health is the Identity Customer Experience and Platform team whose mission is to build remarkable, highly trusted customer identity verification user experiences and a scalable, shared infrastructure to enable access for Cash App’s full suite of products.
Our product leaders are customer-obsessed, collaborate intensely with other key disciplines, and always make decisions with an eye towards Cash App’s business as a whole. Successful product leaders are ambitious and resourceful - willing to go the extra mile to empower our teams, and deliver value to our customers.
As the Product Lead for the Identity team, you will own the core features of customer identity verification from the user experience to the platform infrastructure. You will be responsible for the team’s vision, strategy, roadmap prioritization, and customer and business impact and will drive high impact initiatives from inception through execution. These are foundational user experiences and services that enable access to Cash App products, so providing an excellent end-to-end experience is of utmost importance. This role will require optimization of current features through customer research, analysis, experimentation, and product validation, as well as the creativity to dream up and build new features to improve our user experience to expand financial access to millions of customers around the world.
- Own the ideation, strategy, design, implementation, and improvement of products and infrastructure to help us build trust with our customers
- Lead a full stack development team (engineers, designers, researchers, data scientists, business operations) to ship innovative and incredible experiences at scale
- Lead product strategy, customer research, opportunity sizing, planning, scoping, and prioritization to build the highest impact products or improvements for our customers
- Structure our team’s processes to enhance execution velocity, making tactical tradeoffs between business priorities and resources
- Drive effective cross-functional partnership, constantly inspiring and influencing colleagues in legal, compliance, support, machine learning, and other product areas to deliver on goals and maximize impact
- Define the framework and metrics to measure the impact of the team; deeply understand the core drivers and monitor progress
- Manage the roadmap to deliver on this strategy, balancing short term goals with long term vision.
- Develop the strategy for internal tools, shared systems, and processes that govern all of Cash App’s customer engagement.
- Work with cross functional team members distributed across the four US times zones and Melbourne, Australia
- 8+ years of product management experience with a strong familiarity of platform engineering infrastructure and a proven track record of delivering outstanding products at scale
- Outstanding leadership skills; the ability to inspire team members and drive collaborative decision-making across geographically dispersed cross-functional teams
- Exceptional prioritization and stakeholder management skills, particularly working with compliance/legal and external partners in a highly regulated industry
- Excellent oral and written communication, narrative storytelling, and organization skills that instills confidence from senior leadership
- An analytical mindset with the ability to distill and communicate complex data to make decisions, determine roadmap prioritization, and understand and communicate customer and business impact
- Comfort operating in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with rapid development cycles
- A hunger to tackle complicated and impactful customer and business problems
- Experience in the fintech industry, ideally in the identity space with demonstrated knowledge of industry best practices
- US-based, ideally PST timezone. Remote acceptable
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone B: USD $192,400 - USD $235,200
Zone C: USD $182,300 - USD $222,800
Zone D: USD $172,200 - USD $210,400
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We’ve noticed a rise in recruiting impersonations across the industry, where individuals are sending fake job offer emails. Contact from any of our recruiters or employees will always come from an email address ending with @block.xyz, @squareup.com, @tidal.com, or @afterpay.com, @clearpay.co.uk.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.