Product Manager Lead, c=
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
c= was founded in June 2022. Our business aims to further Block’s mission of economic empowerment by building tools and technologies that connect the next billion people to the Lightning Network.
We believe in the potential of the lightning network to democratize payments for the world and enable individuals to own their financial destiny. Guided by this vision, we are amplifying the lightning ecosystem by providing our liquidity, services, and infrastructure that enables everyone to benefit from fast, low cost global payments.
We’re looking for a seasoned product manager to help define, build, and ship our lightning services for developers and our partners. A successful product manager in this role will research and understand the needs of our partners as well as analyze and understand the lightning developer market as a whole. Using this knowledge, they will make sure our services and offerings are in line with our partners’ needs. In collaboration with engineering, legal, business, compliance and other stakeholders across the org, they will define requirements, strategy, and drive execution on our LSP products.
This is c=’s first product manager role in a developing and emerging market and a startup-like atmosphere. We’re looking for people who are willing and able to take the time to learn, and eventually become an expert on this new market and set of products.
- Define product strategy:
- Identify market opportunities and build business cases to drive product strategy, leading discovery internally and externally
- Develop and socialize a deep understanding and empathy for our partners: lightning app developers and new-to-lightning developers
- Track and understand our market, constantly evaluating pricing and positioning of our products
- Proactively coordinate strategic and execution decisions across our lightning service product efforts
- Manage a broad set of internal stakeholders to ensure we are building the right products, tracking success metrics, and communicating developments
- Engage the right stakeholders and senior company leaders to align resources and prioritization
- Drive execution:
- Define, document, and communicate objectives, product requirements, and constraints for product initiatives and releases
- Partner with engineering, marketing, business development, legal and compliance to develop and communicate a clear roadmap while executing on initiatives from ideation through delivery
- Collaborate with our internal and external partners as well as new potential partners to understand their needs and make sure our products evolve or change to meet those needs
- 10-12+ years of product management experience or related/equivalent experience
- Experience shipping and iterating on growing products that required partnering across multiple teams
- Ability to both operate at a strategic level and dive deep into the details and technical complexity with ease
- Strong product vision, founded in an analytical and metrics-driven approach that uses data and experimentation to guide decisions and strategy
- A demonstrated ability to independently lay out and test clear hypotheses
- Experience working with partners in a B2B / B2B2C context
- Experience guiding company best practices around product management and product organizational effectiveness
- Proven ability to go from 0 to 1 with a new product in a new market
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone B: USD $192,400 - USD $235,200
Zone C: USD $182,300 - USD $222,800
Zone D: USD $172,200 - USD $210,400
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We’ve noticed a rise in recruiting impersonations across the industry, where individuals are sending fake job offer emails. Contact from any of our recruiters or employees will always come from an email address ending with @block.xyz, @squareup.com, @tidal.com, or @afterpay.com, @clearpay.co.uk.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.