External and Internal Inquiries Coordinator (Third Party)
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible. This is our mission, and it’s why working at Cash App means so much more than a job.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
You will support Cash Customer Operations (CCO) Third Party Response (TPR) function and will report to the Third Party Response Lead. The CCO TPR Team is accountable for effective coordination, oversight and delivery of all third party responses that leverage information that is generated and housed within CCO. Third parties requesting information including but not limited to: regulators, examiners, business partners and legislative authorities arising during regularly scheduled examinations, audits, internal audits, ad-hoc inquiries or litigation matters.
You will support Cash’s vision by working together with Cash App Compliance, Cash App Counsel, Cash App Data Science, and CCO and Cash Operations teams to support the management and successful delivery of CCO related inquiries. The primary focus of this position will be managing CCO related Banking Partner inquiries, however the scope of the role also includes supporting inquiries arising during audits, regulatory examinations, litigation inquiries, and other ad-hoc independent requests.
- In collaboration with Legal and Compliance, interpret internal and external requests related to banking partners, regulatory exams, Audits, and external inquiries.
- Produce required information/responses, perform data analysis, and provide explanations for response.
- Analyzing and reviewing requested information, collaboration with the cross functional teams within Cash to obtain appropriate responses and data, advising the business and/or forming responses, proposing different options for responding to inquiries.
- Managing response through their lifecycle by interpreting and documenting requirements, conducting meetings as needed (externally and internally), and alerting management of potential issues and memorializing all decisions.
- Collaborating with internal customers to ensure the responses are relevant, accurate and complete while meeting deadlines.
- Manage, with assistance from partners, all issue remediation identified either externally or internally
- Formulate program related responses explaining the Third Party Regulatory Response lifecycle, as necessary
- Help to streamline responses by creating repeatable processes and maintaining a library of key information in a centralized repository
- Manage the requests within your portfolio and serve as a central point of contact for internal and external teams.
- Access and implement excellent data governance and record keeping practices.
- Act as a trainer and mentor to other team members, provide strong industry knowledge and understanding of the enterprise's structure, and be a trusted SME for third party inquiries, particularly regarding banking partner requests.
- Minimum of 5 years of Regulatory/Compliance response related experience within the financial services space
- Experience in managing the third party relationships, particularly within banking and payments industry
- Deep understanding the regulatory, legal and compliance landscape within the financial services industry such as payments, banking, etc.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills, and ability to effectively interact with all levels of management
- Ability to think on your feet, anticipate follow-up questions from Banking Partners, Regulators and Auditors, and clearly articulate key messages and strategies
- Ability to work quickly to respond to inquiries, without sacrificing quality (e.g. final Regulatory responses are due to Regulators within 48 hours of receipt)
- Build relationships and credibility with business leads, external partners, and regulators through collaborative and independent programs
- Creative and strategic thinker with a strong control mindset
- Strong project management and organizational skills, and ability to think broadly about processes end-to-end with ability to 'connect the dots' for Regulators, Auditors and Control teams
- Clear written communication skills
- Adaptability in an agile and fast-paced environment
- Experience managing competing efforts and requirements
- Open to remote candidates
- Industry certifications (e.g. CAMS, CRCM, CFE)
- Previous compliance officer experience
- Experience with international financial services regulations
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $125,600 - USD $153,600
Zone B: USD $116,800 - USD $142,800
Zone C: USD $110,500 - USD $135,100
Zone D: USD $100,500 - USD $122,900
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We’ve noticed a rise in recruiting impersonations across the industry, where individuals are sending fake job offer emails. Contact from any of our recruiters or employees will always come from an email address ending with @block.xyz, @squareup.com, @tidal.com, or @afterpay.com, @clearpay.co.uk.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
While there is no specific deadline to apply for this role, on average, U.S. open roles are posted for 70 days before being filled by a successful candidate.