Treasury Analyst, EMEA
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
The Block Treasury team is looking for an Analyst to help grow our global Treasury Operations team. You have the opportunity to strengthen the Block Treasury function in the EMEA region, focusing on cash management, compliance, and payments. You will be an essential contributor to optimizing Block's liquidity management and bank account structure.
- Manage daily liquidity needs across the Block product suite in the EMEA region including Square, Cash App, Tidal and Afterpay.
- Support daily funding operations of warehouse facilities and merchant settlements.
- Partner with product and corporate teams to launch new product offerings.
- Provide operational support to the In-house Bank transactions and the cash pooling structure.
- Monitor compliance with all cash safeguarding and insurance bond requirements related to our regulated entities in EMEA.
- Manage opening/closing of bank accounts, bank account signatory updates, and KYC renewals.
- Be a point of contact with Block's banking partners and financial institutions across the EMEA region.
- Support Treasury related requests for annual external audits of the EMEA entities.
- Maintain users on multiple global banking portals.
- Keep up to date and monitor bank account mandates.
- Support daily trading activities for Bitcoin activities.
- 2+ years experience in Corporate Treasury, Accounting or related fields.
- Experience with core cash management and forecasting, Treasury Management Systems, and cash pooling structures.
- Familiarity with financial and operational controls.
- Previous exposure to FX settlements.
- You enjoy processes and can implement improvements and optimize/ automate as much as possible.
- You have a curious nature and a desire to understand how things work.
- Advanced excel skills (can perform complex functions).
- Familiarity with E-money licensed institutions and regulated entities.
- Previous experience with Payments Schemes such as PayUK and SEPA.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field.
This is a Controlled Function (CF) role under the Central Bank of Ireland’s Fitness & Probity Standards ('CBI Standards'). If you are offered this role and accept the offer, prior to the appointment, you will be required to agree to abide by the CBI Standards and complete a Fitness & Probity Self-Certification form. Due diligence checks will also be performed in line with the CBI Standards.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
We’ve noticed a rise in recruiting impersonations across the industry, where individuals are sending fake job offer emails. Contact from any of our recruiters or employees will always come from an email address ending with @block.xyz, @squareup.com, @tidal.com, or @afterpay.com, @clearpay.co.uk.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.